Fules Duty On the rise

JOSH_IOU
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No fuel duty rise, businesses urge

Some 700 businesses have written to the Chancellor, urging him not to impose a rise in fuel duty.

The rise, which will amount to 2p per litre of petrol, is due to come into effect in April.

However, the haulage industry estimates that the increase will mean an extra cost of £170 million.

With oil prices touching almost $100 a barrel, the letter argued that the hike will hit the competitiveness of British road transport.

The letter to Alistair Darling expressed concern at the proposed rise: “We are alarmed by the signals that the government appears to be sending to such a crucial industry at a time when the economy appears to be stalling.”

David Frost, the director general of the British Chambers of Commerce, commented: “This is yet another tax on business which further erodes our international competitiveness.”

The Road Haulage Association will meet with Mr Darling next month to persuade him not to implement the increase.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Stop charging VAT on Fuel Duty

Petition to: Stop charging VAT on Fuel Duty.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

true stealth tax