Car insurance deposit lost in 14 day cool off?

BreadAndButter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an issue in that first quote hadnt cancelled my insurance with them.

i called to cancel and they said it would be £86 to quit.

I thought sod that, im in 14 days with my new insurance company i will cancel that one. I ring and the bloke says he can cancel it within the 14 days period but i lose my deposit of £81

Either way i lose £80!!

I thought grace meant grace!

What about my case, they make a mistake and give me the wrong policy, I notice and cancel it within 15 mins, but they say it's in the system and can't refund it or give me a differnet policy until the I send the cover note back! It's not my fault if they take a week to send it.

As far as I'm concerned if the policy doesn't cover you, you can't use it, so what would you be paying for?

If you had someone abusing the 14 day period in the mail order trade you would just refuse to take their order.

Got out of it :)

Rang up to complain, asked for a manager, the women was keen to resolve without a manager, I persisted. It got to the point where we were both getting no-where so asked for theit complaints proceedure. She put me on hold and so i hung up.

i rang back a few hours later and the women said all charges were deleted and my no claims was in the post first class!

Either she thought she cut me off or bottled it thinking it was gonna escalate, either way, job done.