HSBC "advised fees"..here we go again !!

diddypony
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI folks..looking for a bit of guidance here. done the letters ( big, BIG thanks to you guys) , done the calcs(ditto). Done the spreadsheets (even a dumb*** builder like me could use it,ditto to Vamp). but a question..my sums work out that they owe me about £2700, but now that I am at the MCOL stage the total on the HMCS form works out at about £3600, with all the interest and fees. However, Mr HSBC writes to me and says "we dont want to give you £2700, we want to give you £2400 (ish) "..as if I would ! But, do I hold out for the £3600 that the court says or am I being greedy and should take the £2700 from the original calcs??

Does this make sense? any advice welcome..

Hi there..On the nice letter from Mr Langdale he says "if we do not receive your signed acceptance within 10 working days, we will take it that you have declined our offer"... Damn right , but do I still have to reply seperately?

how far into mcol are you? if you are following others you will know to send copies of the breakdown when you get acknowledged - 3 to the court and 1 to dg. just checking......you seem to have it all in hand to have gotten this far without asking - but we are here if you need us.....

Hi there...

MCOL issued December, acknowledged last week, so am today sending out copies of charges as you suggested. The system works if you just follow the step by step guides, all you seem to need is the nerve to go through with it and keep your eye on the end figure, that just seems to get bigger the more "they" keep dithering around. After 6 years of putting up with their **** what more can they do to me...Get your chequebook out mr HSBC

Hi There...Received my "notice of transfer" today. However, it states that I have until the 24 jan to return my AQ, my original "Times up boys" date I worked out to be the 16th (Acknowledged 20/12/06..+28 days =16/01). Does this mean they have gained another 8 days, or are my calcs wrong ?

or they lost 8 days - that's fine - i think they just submitted their defense earlier than required which i must say is a first - they usually drag it out as long as possible - i think it was probaly an error on their part - but - i'd look at it and say you will get your money 8 days earlier than if they had left if to the end. sooo.....

you sent dg your breakdown as i said on 2 jan? yes, if you did send dg a breakdown - then monday a.m. call them and ask if they have received your breakdown (this serves to bump you to the top of somebody's pile of papers) they'll say yeah or nay (they won't offer without the breakdown), it gives you the opportunity to mention - oh, by the way, i see you have filed your defense earlier than required and therefore i will need to submit my aq shortly, i was hoping to avoid further costs - both to myself and to you (as you will then be adding that 100 onto your claim),

don't get into a dialogue - you are just giving a polite gentle push towards a settlement offer. if you didn't send them a breakdown - send it now - asap - even fax it - then call to see if it got there and proceed with conversation outlined above.

as for the aq inself - plenty of time - hold off on any ideas of filing it - hopefully it won't be necessary

here's a link to be looking at:Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion

but just proceed as outlined above and let us know what happened.

ok with all that?

...THE B*****DS PAID UP AT LAST !!!!...

Letter arrived with the offer. Sorry if the language upsets anybody but this has been a campaign of revenge, rather than money, for me.

As soon as the money arrives I will take great pleasure in closing the account myself !!

Many thanks to CAG for all your help (donation as soon as it clears)

And to anybody who reads this, remember, 'They' are not there to help you, or look after your interests, or be your friends, they are there to make as much money out of you as possible... and will get it any way they can!..Keep the faith people, fight for your money back !!

yes, yes, yes!!!! i'm sooo happy for you!

you did well!

congratulations!

here's a link:

When You Get Your Refund

also, now you can pm

blueskies vbmenu_register("postmenu_254163", true); and get your thread moved to the successes so we can point it out to newbies.

again, well done.

spend wisely!

• 2 weeks later...

They paid up (though I'm not supposed to tell you that), and today got my bank statement...with another big bank charge !! Applied on the dates whilst I was waiting for the money to arrive. Points for nerve I will give them that !

Guess it's a personal visit to the branch tommorrow with those immortal words..." do you really wanna do this again ?"...

hey dp

that's what banks do!!! you'll probaby find out that your local branch don't even know you've claimed -they are so bogged down with claims and all that - they haven't got a clue!

make a phonecall telling them what you have done and that you are quite prepared to go through it all again unless a 'goodwill gesture' arrives back in your account - pronto!

good luck (again)

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

• 1 month later...

Well today I started my crusade against my managed loan. got enough to finally pay back the amount but...hang on! Every other lender will give you a reduced figure for an early repayment, but HSBC, they say NO! So I said right, you want a fight.. lets go. Writing to Headoffice to start making a nuisance of myself.

Paid back over £2000 in payments and loan reduced by £380. Got to be worth something.

Wish me Luck..Anybody else been here?

Go for it Diddy..

I'll be watching this one closely, keep us updated with all the ins and outs please. I had one that was bought on by too many charges etc. Would love to hit them back for that myself..

Stay safe

Firemagi

Screw unto others as they screw unto you.

Active Cases:

HSBC Current Account - £3068.00 - Prelim Sent 27/03/07 - LBA Sent 12/04/07

Halifax Credit Card - DPA SAR Sent 27/03/07

MBNA Credit Card - DPA and CCA SARs sent 27/03/07

Pending Cases:

HSBC Joint Account

Lloyds TSB Current Account

Lloyds TSB Credit Card

Creation Financial Store Card

GE Capital Store Card x 2

Well today I started my crusade against my managed loan. got enough to finally pay back the amount but...hang on! Every other lender will give you a reduced figure for an early repayment, but HSBC, they say NO! So I said right, you want a fight.. lets go. Writing to Headoffice to start making a nuisance of myself.

Paid back over £2000 in payments and loan reduced by £380. Got to be worth something.

Wish me Luck..Anybody else been here?

What have they quoted you - how much was loan and interest to start?

When did you take this out?

Have you claimed the interest back along with your charges?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Me again..

Diddy - have you read through this thread yet? All about managed loans, only just remembered I had read about them on here before..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/15457-who-has-had-managed.html

Stay safe

Firemagi

Screw unto others as they screw unto you.

Active Cases:

HSBC Current Account - £3068.00 - Prelim Sent 27/03/07 - LBA Sent 12/04/07

Halifax Credit Card - DPA SAR Sent 27/03/07

MBNA Credit Card - DPA and CCA SARs sent 27/03/07

Pending Cases:

HSBC Joint Account

Lloyds TSB Current Account

Lloyds TSB Credit Card

Creation Financial Store Card

GE Capital Store Card x 2

• 10 months later...

Well christmas been and gone and left me "over the limit" for January (fool and his money etc etc). ..and voila ! HSBC now hit me with their £150 bank charges but call it "advised fees"! nice one. Am I the only one and are these charges by another name ?. ..Dont tell me I have to go through all that again!