Tax credits and self employment - load of twaddle??

europa16
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I've been speaking to the tax credits helpline and am now totally confused regarding my husband's self employment.

Last year he had to have time out because he injured himself, so we told the tax credits, which totally screwed it up - basically they put him down as unemployed instead of continuosly self employed. We were told we didn't need to inform them unless it was going to be more long term.

Anyway, I rang them today and was told that we needed to inform them everytime there was a change in working hours and when he didn't have work - he's self employed - that goes with the territory! The hours change from week to week and he may end up with no work for the odd week here or there.

Do they really expect me to ring them and be stuck waiting on the phone for 20 minutes a time every time?

Sorry, rant over.

Well I am not surprised they don't have a clue what they are doing regarding self employed. It really is a stupid system. I had the same sort of nonsense spouted to me. In the end i said I would just inform them every year of my total earnings pre tax. So now I just fill in the form once a year. If I am off sick I don't bother telling them. If I was entitled to extrs wtc because I was out of work they would only take them off me at the end of the year anyway.