Ridgeworth Fairmile Recoveries ( Argos)

Hettimayzi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Recieved today in the post a " claim form" from Wakefield County Court , the claimant being Ridgeworth Fairmile , the defendant being myself for £848.51. This was initially an Argos additions account which defaulted in 2005 and was sold to a DCA in 2006.

This is a company who I sent a CCA request back in september last year and heard nothing from them.

The claim form is a photocopy , the particulars of the claim interest me...

Particulars of claim: Inv amount £639.00 31/07/06

the claimant claims 1: £639

2: Statutory interest pursuant to section 69 of the county courts act ( 1984) AT THE RATE OF 8% PER ANNUM FROM 31/7/06 TO 14/01/08, £74.51 and thereafter a daily rate of 14p until payment or judgement.

Now I was under the beleif that if this debt was in dispute ( ie they could not provide a CCA ) then it could not go to court.

Any help very gratefully recieved as I am V puzzled by this!!!

If the form is Genuine then it is an easy one to defend. They are in default of your CCA request. As this is an Argos account the chances of them having an executed agreement is slim.

No CCA = No Enforcable Agreement = Pointless Court Case

You can download the forms from T'Internet and send them out willy nilly but as far as I am aware its not legal unless its got the official stamp on it. There is a fantastic CB letter you could send them and call their bluff

• 3 weeks later...

Hi can any1 help,

Yesterday i applied for a loan from my own bank that was turned down i asked why and was told to get a credit check from Equifax,once i'd done that i found that in 2006 (8 months after i'd moved) Ridgeworth fairmile recoveries had shown that i defalted over 200 pounds, when i left my old house i never owed anything i've never heard of this company and have spent all morning trying to get a number to call them but don't seem to be able to find anything. Has anyone got any idea's as to what i should do next.

1 Reggie you need to put in a written dispute to Equifax. They should be able to give you an address for these clowns. I can bet that you will soon receive a few demanding letters now that Equifax has your new address. They will make sure all their buddies in the DCAs are aware. Please start a new thread of your own so as you can get proper advice and not get mixed up on this thread