• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

OFT test case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ok.

Its saying i dong have the neccasary privelages?

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

SDC,

Does it have to be orange? I feel like I've been Tango'ed every time :D

I wasn't sure if anyone would take that as a joke lol.

I was gona say that.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

dave wrote:

That would depend on what you wanted to find our.

This one

Excellent idea.

Also, we should compile an up-to-date list of bank accounts and their charges - there is a list in here somewhere, but it's out of date - the charges/T&Cs have changed etc...

All the time we're still being forced by out own government into buying these 'services', we need a 'real world' banking chart to minimise the sting.

Couple that with a list of 'best buy' services that do not require a DD (or at least are not penalised for doing so) and I think we'd have a decent little resource.

Any volunteers?

I'll happilly format it and put it in the wiki/forum/Excel/PDF etc...

I could also put it in a searchable database. You can search for a gas supplier for instance, and narrow the search by penalties for not paying by DD, or payments accepted over bank/PO counters, etc...

Can I pass any one this list Via pm?

Woooaahhh - slow down hoss!!

That info isn't there yet - we're just discussing putting it there [the wiki].

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

:D

Hi everyone

so how does everyone feel this will go and when will it be over. i have 12 pending cases awaiting for refunds LOL

i have had 7 pay out last year before the test case, wish i had done all then

HALIFAX: PRE 6 year claim 1991-2006 WON 21/3/07 £2616

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £800.22

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £325.75

AQUA - MCOL 2/3/07 £172.79

ABBEY - MCOL 2/3/07 £261.37

HALIFAX VISA - WON default removal 19/3/07

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

GMAC -MCOL 7/2/07 £189.85

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

wilkn's have you had your case's stayed?

What court are you using because i'm up your way.

hi

i havent even sent them through to court yet as i know they would be held until test case done and cant really afford to pay out 100s in court fees when dont know whether i would get back

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

there's letters in the forum to help you get the stay removed now.

SORRY I AM NEW to this post, where abouts in forum?

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

What are you babbling on about?

I am babbling on about the fact that people should front up and take responsibility for their own actions.

Its not the banks fault you are spending money that isnt in your account...although it would only be a 30 second fix by the banks to ensure you cant do that (but then again, there is no money in this for the banks is there!).

I simply made the point that if the transaction was allowed to happen, someone or something must have authorised it. I'd love to argue that point to a judge, it is perfect logic.

Again, you will have a hell of a time trying to convince a judge that its not your fault you spent money that isnt in your account. Further, banks will counter that you dont have an agreed over draft already in place, thus making this a case of where you have gone overdrawn because of your own actions (whether the bank allowed that to happen is neither here nor there, just as whether the cat let you kid in in the gonads doesnt make kicking your cat in the gonads right:)).

Of course I won't get that opportunity now & I didn't for all the claims I made for myself & for family/friends because the banks & their lawyers were too frightened to face me in front of a judge. So much so that I charged abbey 28.9% APR once & they argued like hell about it in their defence, but when the court date arrived, they backed out & paid it all.. :-D

Of course you will never get the chance to test that in court, because as you point out, the banks are scared :)

Mailman

SORRY I AM NEW to this post, where abouts in forum?

Hi thats ok.

Try your magic pointer around this link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/115023-application-removal-stay-grounds.html

I am babbling on about the fact that people should front up and take responsibility for their own actions.

Its not the banks fault you are spending money that isnt in your account...although it would only be a 30 second fix by the banks to ensure you cant do that (but then again, there is no money in this for the banks is there!).

Again, you will have a hell of a time trying to convince a judge that its not your fault you spent money that isnt in your account. Further, banks will counter that you dont have an agreed over draft already in place, thus making this a case of where you have gone overdrawn because of your own actions (whether the bank allowed that to happen is neither here nor there, just as whether the cat let you kid in in the gonads doesnt make kicking your cat in the gonads right:)).

Of course you will never get the chance to test that in court, because as you point out, the banks are scared :)

Mailman

So who makes the £30 direct debit charge us or the bank?

If only it were that easy...

Never said it was

The thing is they DO refuse to let things go through - Then charge for the priviledge. If they did let things go through & charged extra for THAT priviledge then many would not be complaining - The banks are effectivley charging us for something they DON'T provide

And of course this gets even muddier when the banks create the situation where 2 DD are bounced because the 3rd, and biggest, is applied first, thus taking all the money that would have covered the first 2! Thus earning them two fees instead of one!

If only I could run a business like this! I would have retired years ago! :)

Mailman

hi

thank you for all your help I will try for removal.......no need to fight about it guys ;)

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

I simply made the point that if the transaction was allowed to happen, someone or something must have authorised it. I'd love to argue that point to a judge, it is perfect logic.

Wrong. I'm not going to spend much more time answering this, but I will reiterate that I would not be arguing to the judge about who's fault it was, I would be questioning if there could be such a thing as an "unauthorised" overdraft & asking how the transaction could have been paid if it was not authorised. If the bank, or its computer had taken the decision to allow the payment, then they have authorised it. Simple argument.

Gez i agree, the wife had this very issue with Halifax becuase they use different system it isn't always updated straight away, she had problems getting it back until i went in with her then funnily enough the 'goodwill' came pouring out.

they can stop transactions if they want to they just make more money by allowing them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks