Unity Homeloans to Kensington mortgages - Suspended Possession - HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have noticed my mortgage arrears went up and then down again over a couple of months and when I checked my statement I noticed the solicitors costs for the repossession hearing had been added to the arrears? Is this correct or should they have been added to the mortgage?

In the poop without a scoop....

I have a suspended possession order on the mortgage and have noticed that it says payment on the 1st of each month. When I looked through the terms and conditions of the mortgage from the mortgage company, it states that the payment must be made WITHIN the month.

Up to now I have been making my monthly payments usually within the first 2-3 days of the month. Octobers payment however has been late due to my wife having a baby and me having to take a week and a half off work. I am self employed and as such my income took a dive for a fortnight. I have not had any letters from the mortgage company and have will be paying the October mortgage payment next monday. My worry is that they will restart proceedings for repo because this payment is 'late' according to the court order, even though in reality the payment will be made in accordance with the mortgage terms and conditions.

Should I contact them or just make the payment on monday and hope they haven't restarted proceedings?

Contact them now, ASAP, without delay.

Ignoring the fact wont solve the problem, but talking to them might.

They are only human. ( Well, some of them)

Dont risk the pain of court again, when the cost of a call can prevent that.

You owe it to your new baby.

congratulation_to_baby.jpg

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

To be honest, usually lenders (depending on who it is of course), don't know that payments haven't been made until after month end. If your T&C's state within the month then the lender will probably be working to that and will not have noticed the court order states 1st of the month.

The court have to specify a date for payments to be made, but they won't know they aren't unless the lender tells them.

Who is the lender?

When you ring up to pay this month's just apologise for it being a few days late as your wife had a baby and see if they say "it's ok as long as it's paid by the end of the month" - I'm sure they will....

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

They are unlikely to take any action within a month, however strictly speaking you should comply with the court order.

Somebody I know fell behind with his payments and although he managed to get up to date before a repo. order was granted by the court the judge reminded him to comply with the order "on the date set" either way he shooed the solicitor acting for the mortgage out!!

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802

Thats my point. Although the court order says on the 1st of the month it contradicts the t&c 's of the mortgage so technically providing it was paid in that particular month, then there should be no problem for the mortgage company. I have been paying as per the order on the 1st or within a day or so.

• 2 months later...

I have a mortgage with Kensington that is in arrears. I have been paying the arears off each month as per a court agreement 12 months ago. The agreement was to pay off the arrears (£6k) at the usual monthly payment + the set arrears payment each month.

I have been contacted by Kensington who have said that they want to see me to review the repayment of the arrears and discuss the various options now available to them. They also stated that my 'agreement' period was due to end this month ???

As far as I know the court asked me to pay the arrears by a set amount each month until cleared so how the heck can my 'agreement' end this month??

Are they pulling a fast one here?

HELP

All I know is that Kensington will charge some ridiculous fee to come and see you....which is actually creating more of a problem rather than helping at all with the solution (that money could be used to pay off the arrears!!).....If it was me I would flatly refuse, if you are keeping to the court order, then it is the court that decide not Kensington.

Absolutely right 42man! if you are making payments in accordance with the court order then they should not be asking you to increase your payments.

You should write back to them advising them that, as you are complying with the court order, your current financial position will not accommodate any increases in payment. Furthermore you have no wish to be visited by one of their advisors as you would be unable to sustain the additional cost of that service.

If you need help with the letter let me know.

I am of course assuming that the court order did not state that there should be a review after 12 months? do you have a copy of the order?

Ell-enn

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Good question. As far as I can recall there was nothing in the order about a review but I will double check when I get home tonight and let you know.

The lady said she wanted to do an income and expenditure but I think this is only to see if I have more money available.

Hmmm, and if you had any more income spare did she think you were going to pay it to them?? Tell them your finances have not changed since the income & expenditure submitted to the court on the N11M defence papers (you did return defence papers?). The offer to draft a letter is still there if you need me to.

Ell

• 8 months later...

Have they ever sent you a direct debit form to fill in ? the details would be on there.

I'm sure I'm telling you something you already know but.... don't forget to put your account reference number in the standing order details so they know where to credit the payments to :)

I'm sure I'm telling you something you already know but.... don't forget to put your account reference number in the standing order details so they know where to credit the payments to :)

Yes I am aware of that one thanks Ellen. I got caught out with that once before :rolleyes:

I am sure they will hate me paying by standing order but its the only alternative to sending a cheque every month.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I got into difficulty a couple of years ago and my mortgage company took proceedings. They were granted a suspended repo subject to arrears plus £250pcm on top. (Mortgage is just over £700pcm)

All was going well until I had to close my business due to the loss of a large contract with a local authority. The business is LTd and due to be struck off in March.

Since the business ceased trading at end on October we have been living off tax credits and family allowance ( we have 6 children) plus a few extra pounds earned from delivering phone directories.

I paid the mortgage in Nov but only made part payment in Dec. I then paid £600 of the £700 due in Jan and this month will be able to pay the full amount of mortgage plus arrears of £250.

I received a letter this morning from te solicitors stating that as I had missed a payment in Dec and not paid the full amount in Jan they would be seeking to enforce the eviction order if the full arrears are not paid in 7 days.

I am going out of my mind with this. Arrears a couple of years ago were £7500, they are now down to £4800 and would be around £4000 if the Dec / Jan payments were up to date.

What should I do?

• 3 weeks later...