Unity Homeloans to Kensington mortgages - Suspended Possession - HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Different lenders do different things - talk to yours and see what their view is.

If they go for eviction you will get advance notice from the bailiffs. You can then apply to the court to suspend the eviction.

As the arrears have reduced since the original order was made, that is a positive for you in terms of how a judge will view things. You will though need to come to some sort of new arrangement - as before with the monthly instalment plus something off the arrears. The arrears amount can depend on how long the mortgage has to run.

In the meantime, if you are signing on, after 13 weeks, the DWP pay your mortgage. They pay for a capital value of up to £200k and it is paid at 6.08% regardless of your mortgage rate and so it many start paying off some of the arrears too.

Not sure if it is much help now, but some lenders after 6 months regular payments allow you to add the arrears onto the mortgage balance and then pay normal mortgage payments as a fresh start. It is a little too late now, but if you can convince them that 6 months regular payments will start again, then maybe you can go down this road. The key is if they do allow then you can apply to have the suspended order removed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Hedgehog -- do you have any updates - what is happening ??

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

• 4 months later...

Having lost my job last October we are now in a position of having the mortgage lender closing on an already suspended mortgage posession.

I realistically would struggle to pay the mortgage and arrears payment and as a result we are in a dire position.

There are 2 options as far as I can see -:

1) Pay £1375 by 17th of August to bring arrangement up to date or

2) Housing association has advised us to apply for Mortgage Rescue Scheme.

It would be virtually impossible to raise the money to bring the arrangement up to date and we are therefore resigned to either the MRS or leave the home on the morning of the 18th (eviction for 11.30 am).

Question is , should we go for the Mortgage Rescue Scheme or is there any other alternative?

In the poop without a scoop....

If you would struggle to pay the mortgage and arrears going forward then it would be silly to try and defend repossession with a payment proposal as you would soon find yourself in the same position.

However, if you apply for the MRS you can hold off eviction based on that - you will need to move quickly though, so you have evidence to take to court to ask for the eviction to be stopped while the deal goes through.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

THanks Ell-enn. The local housing association isgiving me a form tomorrow to fill in. Gave them all our details yesterday and as they already have a large portfolio of houses around here they seemed quite happy to go ahead. Obviously my concern is stopping the eviction in the meantime and I hope the housing association can give me some pointers on that one tomorrow.

If all else fails then we will just have to put our stuff in storage and move in with my dada while we look for somewere to rent :(

In the poop without a scoop....

Hi, you will be able to get the eviction stopped while the MRS goes through. You need to ask the housing assoc for as much documentary proof as possible that you are on the scheme. Also, they will write a letter for you to put in with your defence. Let me know how you get on with the HA this week and then I can help you with your N244 application to the court to stop the eviction.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.