How do I remove a Default Notice?

Mariana
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently received my credit report and was surprised to see that a default notice was served against me for £191.00 in September 2005! This debt was paid off within 2 months of the alleged notice. At the time we were moving and I cannot recollect receiving anything in the post to state that a notice has been served. I did liaise with a collecting agency at that time and arranged to pay off the remaining debt in two equal payments. Obviously, this has caused me immense problems.

I have looked at a website Personal Finance & Stockmarket help & information and there are some helpful information.

Can anyone help please?

I am not sure if this type of loan is covered by the consumer credit act or not.

In any event, you need to send a SAR to the company concerned and get hold of a copy of the default notice.

If the notice's form and/or content is incorrect or the default notice was not issued at all, you'll have a basis to begin a claim for the default to be removed.

From what others have posted, it will not be easy and you should be prepared for a lengthy process.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Correct me if i'm wrong but can student loans be taken to court and given defaults, i thought it was a differant process for student loans....i might be getting confused with CCJs and student loans....

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

if you look on the legalities thread there is a thread called default removal created by surlybonds

you need to send them a S10 and S12 notification to stop processing your data. The company data controller has to comply with this notice within 21 days.

I've used this method to remove three defaults so far

Is it really this easy to remove a default from your credit records? Seems a bit too easy to me .... but I like it if true!

I have a default on a credit card which has now been settled, using this method, can I get experian etc to remove it? (I'm assuming I send the forms to the debt collection agency?)