marshall ward/little woods

zebedy1967
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,this is my first post so please bear with me,

i have a marshall ward account,earlier in the year i fell onto hard times and

couldnt keep up with the repaymants on goods worth £65ish,

i did the wrong thing and ignored all the letters they sent, hoping i could

pay it all off at a later date,

now i have found out they have added £84 in late paymant charges,(£12 a month)

so the total is now well over £150 with interest,

they phoned me up and demanded payment, i told them about my circumstances

and couldnt afford to pay at the moment but that fell on deaf ears,

they are still adding the late payment charges,so i asked them to remove

them as they are unfair, just like the bank charges, they said they couldnt remove them as

it is in there terms and conditions,so i refused to pay them anything,

they are now phoning me2-3-4 times a day, most of the time when i answer they just hang up,

i know its them from dialing 1471

that might be because the last time i spoke to them, when they asked me to confirm my personal details

but i refused and told them i dont give that information out over the phone,i knew who it was and they

know i knew, and accused me of being obstructive, thats true i guess,

the last time they phoned 24th december i told them that if they remove the £84 late payment charges i would start

making regular payments to clear the account but they said they wouldnt remove anything,and i would still

incur the late payment charges added to my account.

i also told them that from now on i would only corrisponde by letter,as the calls were getting out of hand

and nothing was getting resolved,

btw im still getting 2-3 calls a day looks like ill have to change my phone no

im not sure if i have gone about this in the right way so any advice would be welcome,

thanks

nigel

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have a credit agreement with them?

As this account was set up before the new rules came out maybe you should as for a CCA under the 1974 regulations.

You could aslo ask that this thread is moved to the general debt forum as you will be able to get help there from other littlewoods customers.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

no i never signed a credit agreement with them, i told them that over the phone but when i spoke so one of there people they said that because i had shopped with them i had agreed to there terms,

they have now sent my account the NDR debt recovery, and they are demanding payment,

Oh Dear,

i have experience of NDR my self, they are fairly east to get to back off,

firstly as Saintly says, fire off the Telephone Harrassment letter, now one hting to Add to that is that you should NOT sign the letter, infact you should not sign nothing from here on when dealing with them

it has been alleged that some dca's have scanned a copy of the signature from letters onto a credit agreement so its a big no no

AS far as what tehy have told you about because youve shopped with them blah blah blah, its utter tosh they MUST have a signed credit agreement if they have provided you goods on credit terms

i will dig out the info you need to deal with this,

Be right back

regards

paul

Rite one thing you need to do is send them Letter N from the templates

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....templates.html

ammend as necessary.

DONT SIGN YOUR NAME just type it. It is legal.

Send it with a £1 postal order and send it at least recorded delivery. You will need to prove the item was recieved.

Then sit back and wait. They have 12 working days AFTER delivery to get you the requested documents, dont expect to get them within that time tho. 12 +2 the 2 days is for delivery but it may take a bit longer.

depending on the circs of the delivery.

You need to send this to NDR.

Ignore any other letters from the company but keep hold of them.

If they dont get you the agreement within 12 days then they enter a default situation where they are in the wrong.

If they still have not got you the agreemnet within 30 CALANDER days then they cant do anything.

They cant enforce the debt at all. This means they are not allowed to write to you asking for money pass the debt to any DCA or add any fees to you account.

Oh and them accussing you of being obstructive you were not being obstructive you were thinking about your own personal details saftey, god knows who could have hacked into there system and be trying to get your credit card details. Maybe they have some bent ppl working for them and they ring from home trying to get your credit card details.

Chrissi

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 1 year later...

Hi this is my first post, i have got myself into a bit of a pickle with Littlewoods. Basically i can no longer to pay my catalouge and have missed about 4 payments and today i received a letter saying unless i pay £160 they will pass my debt over to a debt collection agency. I have never signed any credit agreement with them and wondered if there was any thing i could do?? any help would be much apreiciated.

yep when was the account opened?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....templates.html letter N £1 Postal order send recorded delivery.