driving licence revoked - took to long to send to dvla to add points - how to renew??

stu_miller
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have held a full, clean driving license for more than 9 years.

I got a fixed penalty earlier in the year for speeding with a fine and 3 points. Because I had not changed my licence address, I only realised about the fixed penalty a couple of months later (and the fine was increased along with some red letters asking for the fine!).

The fine has now been paid but because I took too long to send back the licence to the dvla (so they could add the endorsement), they have now issued a letter saying that my licence has been revoked and I need to send it back immediately.

Curiously, the letter also states that I am allowed to drive for 12 months after it has been revoked - how does this work with insurance, etc???

More importantly, what is the process for getting my licence re-instated? Is it merely a case of applying to the dvla for renewal (using a D1 form?). Would they then just send me a new licence with the endorsement added and I will be fine to drive?

All advice and help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Stu

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi yeah I had a similar prob a few years ago didn't send off my paper licence to be endorsed so revoked. Wasn't driving at the time so I just left it for 6 or 7 years then had to apply again and send off £35 I think was pretty simple If I had done it sooner I wouldn't have had to pay so you might be able to do it for less man. hope that was some help.

Hi yeah I had a similar prob a few years ago didn't send off my paper licence to be endorsed so revoked. Wasn't driving at the time so I just left it for 6 or 7 years then had to apply again and send off £35 I think was pretty simple If I had done it sooner I wouldn't have had to pay so you might be able to do it for less man. hope that was some help.

Hi welcome to CAG. For future reference check the date of the posting, this is 3 years and 2 years old.:-)