Removing adverse credit information

IFSlayer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've recently gone through my credit file with the 3 agencies and noticed on my IF loan accounts they have consistently recorded AP (Agreement to pay) when the payments were a few days late mainly because I didn't have enough money to pay on time because of there bank charges. I've successfully claimed back £1800 from them and calculate an additionional £400 since my last claim.

My retrospectoscope obviously says I should have done both at the same time.

Is it appropriate for them to record AP instead of late payment on my file when I did not enter into such an agreements?? It looks like the AP is having a significantly detrimental affect on my credit score. How can I get this info removed?? Has anyone been successful doing this with IF?

I'm so hacked off with them that it's now my mission to slay the Ba$tards.

Words of wisdom from this great forum would be highly appreciated. Do I start a new claim for the a refund of charges and removal of adverse info or should I pursue the adverse info on it's own?

Many thanks.

...I've successfully claimed back £1800 from them and calculate an additionional £400 since my last claim.

My retrospectoscope obviously says I should have done both at the same time.

...Words of wisdom from this great forum would be highly appreciated. Do I start a new claim for the a refund of charges and removal of adverse info or should I pursue the adverse info on it's own?

Methinks that U have answered your own question!...;)

...:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

I'm in the process - i've been offered back all my charges plus 8% interest (which I was very surprised about considering the OFT case is in Jan) but I rejected their offer as i'm holding on for default removal!! Maybe i'm mad, but I think the default removal is more valuable than the refund as we want to get a new mortgage at some point next year......

Has anyone been successful with default removal by IF???

b8byd :D

• 1 month later...

Interesting thread, I noticed when I looked at my credit file from Equifax last year that IF had recorded AP on mortgage account for 3 consecutive months, yet nothing is recorded with Experian, which was odd.

Looking back , I found this was when I took a 3 month payment holiday as per conditions of the mortgage!!! Surely, this was an arrangement between IF and myself within the terms of the mortgage, but it should not be detrimental to my/our credit files should it?

My understanding is that these 'AP's are nearly as bad as defaults. I wrote to experian who confirmed that these markers don't exist on my file whilst they have been placed on my equifax file. My 'credit score' works out at 928 (experian) 467 (equifax) - go figure!

I also never entered into a written or verbal 'arrangement to pay' with IF. Will be filing with MCOL next week.

I thought that Credit reference agencies were not supposed to hold scores, just data relating to accounts.

If they all hold different information which could have detrimental effect on an individual being granted or declined credit, then companies who use Equifax rather than say Experian, would be receiving unfair and inaccurate information from the agency, and according to the data protection act that is an offence on the part of the credit reference agency. How come the other 2 agencies don't hold this data?

I thought that Credit reference agencies were not supposed to hold scores, just data relating to accounts.

If they all hold different information which could have detrimental effect on an individual being granted or declined credit, then companies who use Equifax rather than say Experian, would be receiving unfair and inaccurate information from the agency, and according to the data protection act that is an offence on the part of the credit reference agency. How come the other 2 agencies don't hold this data?

I think this is a great point. They are using the collected data to derive a credit score on which the basis of a decision is made. Surely this exceeds their remit to simply be a register of information that lenders can access?

• 9 months later...

The credit scores they show you are just an indication to how likely you are to gain credit, not that they are your actual score.

Different companies have different lending criteria so no decision is based on any one thing.

:D

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won