gamesgadgetsuk took my money & ran!!

nocredit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered 2 nintendo ds lites from gamesgadgetsuk.com & paid using my debit card via protx (secure payment server)

I have had no confirmation of order or dispatch notification from the sellers & have since read reports from other customers about not recieving goods or refund (amazon forums)

The gamesgadgetsuk customer helpline just rings out or is engaged & emails seem to go ignored.

In short this appears to be a [problem] website, has anyone else had any dealings with them or has any advice?

I plan to find out the directors/ secretary's name from companies house as I will at least then get a contact from there; if anyone else has details about the companies operators the information would be greatfully recieved

Please feel free to message me on here or privately

Domain Name: GAMESGADGETSUK.COM

Registrar: EASYSPACE LTD.

Whois Server: whois.easyspace.com

Referral URL:

Name Server: NS.34SP.COM

Name Server: NS2.34SP.COM

Updated Date: 29-may-2007

Creation Date: 05-jan-2006

Expiration Date: 05-jan-2008

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and

Registrars.

Registrant:

Sharon Barrett

2nd Floor 145 157 ST Johns Street

London, London EC1V 4PV

UK

info found on who is

This company is a complete nightmare!!

There have been forum threads on Amazon, Protx Support & Money Saving Expert with dozens of people reporting items not delivered or refunded after being paid for weeks ago. A few of us had reported them to Trading Standards, The Police & Watchdog. I had been told off Sharon at Gamesgadgetsuk that I will get a refund and I'm still waiting now.

What's really annoyed me is that as from this morning when I logged in to the forum on Amazon (where most of the complainants seem to be) the thread has been removed by Amazon! Plus the thread on Protx is blocked so no one can add to it!!

Neither thread contained threatening or abusive text so has obviously been pulled so it wont adversley affect either gamesgadgets or protx's income!

Whatever happened to free speech?

Seems its ok to defraud people out of their hard earned cash & kids xmas presents but it's not ok for the victims of this to speak out!!

Wish I'd suggested everyone on the amazon/ protx sites moved their discussion over to CAG; seems like this is the last place on the net where free speech & justice is actually encouraged.

Might start a new thread on amazon now to get people over to CAG about this as it seems to me like gamesgadgets & protx are trying to divide & conquer.

Check with your bank nocredit that a direct debit hasn't been set up on your debit card which it could easily have been if this is indeed a [problem] site.

It might also be a good idea to loose your debit card and get a new one so the 3 ltr security number on the back is different.

I would also speak to the bank to see if they can reimburse you. I know that if your card has a VISA symbol you are covered (whether debit or credit card).

Might be the same for Mastercard/switch etc, someone more knowledgable will be able to confirm

Good luck

Me

A&L - Overdraft / Charges On Hold £300

Mum v's the DCA

NatWest. No CCA - For around 6 months no DCA has chased for this amount :D

MBNA. No CCA - First Court Claim :( Panicking. Just about to start the small claims

Lloyds TSB. Overdraft / Charges On Hold Waiting for test case

Sister

Halifax - No CCA. Keep getting the man and his dog chasing, again the 'go away' letter is sent :p

M&S - Have CCA. Nothing for 2 years from anyone?! :)

Argos - No CCA or DCA involved for over 2 years now :)

Next - No CCA or DCA involved for over 2 years now :)

4 x Others accepting token payments of £1 as CCA in place.

Thanks for the advice, I finally got my refund!!

Protx jumped into action when I told them I'd reported this to the police; they emailed me straight back saying they'd told protx to refund me.

Sure enough it was there in my account the next morning.

Hope everyone else manages to get there's soon as I'd be surprised if gamesgadgets keeps trading much longer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Please check out my posting regarding your issues with GGUK.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/125082-gamesgadgetsuk-com-have-you.html#post1305746

Regards.

Just~Me

Please dont think the picture is me.!!! I couldnt find one of myself so decided to use one of the wife. :):)

• 2 weeks later...

Today I did a GGUK search in google. Seems more and more peeps are complaining. There are 3 forums that have exactly the same problems.

Just~Me

Please dont think the picture is me.!!! I couldnt find one of myself so decided to use one of the wife. :):)

I cant get over this, There are LOADS of people with the same prob as me.

Mine started in Nov and the E-mailed me back saying I put the wrong address in LONG STORY SHORT I am getting the same probs as all of you peeps. Iorder the Wii fks

I have contacted the police and I have told them this in the 11th E-mail

and I have bought it with my switch (No refund):( :( :(:???:

I need HELP This was soposed to be a Christmas pres for my son (AHHHH)

HE WAS DEVISTATED ON CHRISTMAS MORNING. I tryed to tell him before hand that it might not be there ...Well you could picture it>>>I will let peeps no how I get on:cool: :cool:

Hi,

I work for a BBC consumer affairs programme titled "Don't Get Done, Get Dom", in which presenter Dominic Littlewood attempts to resolve issues which have arisen between consumers and customers.

We would be very keen to hear from anyone who is experiencing a consumer issue.

If you would like to talk to us, please get in touch at:

dom@flametv.co.uk

Thanks very much,

Simon

Hi Guys.

Can everyone that has complained to GGUK please write to dom@flametv.co.uk even if you had a refund. Just explain what your experiences with GGUK were, even if they were good, which I doubt, just so the BBC can get a clear and honest picture of what has been going on with them taking money and not delivering the goods or refunds.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/125082-gamesgadgetsuk-com-have-you.html#post1305746

Just~Me

Yes I have complained to Proxi but they said I would have to write a letter to them with all the sercumstances. But even that they would only be able to pass it on and not garrentee money back. I have been in contact with trading standards and they said write a letter to games gagets explaining that I have contacted them and have been briefed in my statitory rights and that to mention that I have gone to the [police

i got the same response initially from protx but when i politely asked them if they were concerned about their continued association with a company that were subect to police, trading standards & a consumer tv programme they seemed to sit up a bit.

maybe the tv person who's recently posted on here could be a good person to have on your side?

Monty / nocredit.

I have just received a PM from an anonymous friend pointing out that new customers of GGUK are unable to get to the payment screen of PROTX. :) :) He says they must have some kind of glitch or something. :D

I ordered 2 nintendo ds lites from gamesgadgetsuk.com & paid using my debit card via protx (secure payment server)

I have had no confirmation of order or dispatch notification from the sellers & have since read reports from other customers about not recieving goods or refund (amazon forums)

The gamesgadgetsuk customer helpline just rings out or is engaged & emails seem to go ignored.

In short this appears to be a [problem] website, has anyone else had any dealings with them or has any advice?

I plan to find out the directors/ secretary's name from companies house as I will at least then get a contact from there; if anyone else has details about the companies operators the information would be greatfully recieved

Please feel free to message me on here or privately

We ordered a Wii from Games gadgets and they did exactly the same to us as they have done to you. - Contact TRADING STANDARDS in YOUR AREA, they will get things sorted for you. The company is very suspect and many many people have experienced the sames as you. - Our credit card company got us a full refund, it took time but they got solicitors involved, but as soon as we made contact with trading standards they assisted also. - Good Luck - Stick with it, you will win in the end

James,

You need to be making official complaints to sales@protx.com the police, trading standards and last but not least dom@flametv.com

Please read posting # 15 then let them know what has been happening to you regarding GGUK.

You can also read my thread below which should help you even more.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/125082-gamesgadgetsuk-com-have-you.html

Whatever happens can you please keep us informed how you get on.

Just~Me

• 8 months later...

Update on Bonny and Clyde.

The guy has 3 accounts suspended on ebay, 1 on amazon is dead (one is active)

Also have 4 websites for him:

www.gamesgadgetsuk.com

www.internetstoreuk.com

http://www.sellyourpropertyuk.co.uk/

www.theinklink.net

Use archive.org to see the old pages when he was sloppy and had more contact info showing.

The addresses used for the websites and contact addresses are all empty warehouses. The Ethelridge address in Milton Keynes is a Lok and Store.

User ID's on ebay:

Topstockuk

gamesgadgetuk

wholesalepricestodayuk

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/iPhone-Sca...00000006894910

Well well well, they sure have been a busy couple...[problem] after [problem] after [problem].

Beware, christmas is coming and the [problematic] are out of hibernation.

Just~Me

• 11 months later...

Hello,

I've ordered TV from TVSDIRECT2U.com

didnt receive my order, lost my money.

website registrant is Sharon Barrett. (yes, same Sharon)

and they have another website trottersindependenttrader.co.uk

Update on Bonny and Clyde.

The guy has 3 accounts suspended on ebay, 1 on amazon is dead (one is active)

Also have 4 websites for him:

www.gamesgadgetsuk.com

www.internetstoreuk.com

http://www.sellyourpropertyuk.co.uk/

www.theinklink.net

Use archive.org to see the old pages when he was sloppy and had more contact info showing.

The addresses used for the websites and contact addresses are all empty warehouses. The Ethelridge address in Milton Keynes is a Lok and Store.

User ID's on ebay:

Topstockuk

gamesgadgetuk

wholesalepricestodayuk

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/iPhone-Sca...00000006894910

Well well well, they sure have been a busy couple...[problem] after [problem] after [problem].

Beware, christmas is coming and the [problematic] are out of hibernation.

Just~Me