Online credit report vs Statutory report

cinders29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have just received my postal credit file from Equifax after sending the £2 statutory fee.

I have noticed it doesnt contain half the information that it did when I applied online a year ago to take advantage of the 30day trial, which was a whopping 13 pages long!

Ok so some of the pages where information boxes but the statutory file doesnt contain headers such as Court Information, Notice of Correction, CIFAS and GAIN headers like my original report did.

Although most of these had "No data Present" under them, is it normal for them to omit a header if no information exists?

A similar thing happened in 2005 when I applied for my postal file from Experian, it had no defaults and a nice record of up-to-date payments, so I decided to apply for a CC only to be turned down.

Like a fool I rang the CC company to ask why, I was told to look at the key "C1" on my report... on my report it showed a string of 0's relating to a current mobile phone contract, I was told that is not the information they can see. 6 months later I applied for the online report only to find a default sitting at C1 dated 2001.

From what I have discovered I feel there is a big difference in Statutory reports and Online reports. (Experian and Equifax only seem to allow 1 free 30 day trial per person - ever).

Has anyone else discovered this or am I just a very unlucky and bad timing person?!