This lost data, I'm concerned

Jamboray
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here's something that has happened to me just recently.

I signed up to a new bank about 5 - 6 weeks ago for online banking.

Everything had gone well and like clockwork, however about 4 weeks ago, when I logged on to my bank, I found that I was unable to due to having too many unsuccessfull attempts, I hadn't tried to sign on for a couple of days and thought that it was strange, but followed the guidence to reset my information. I then noticed a click too late, that my email address had been changed to an email address that I used years and years ago. I immediatley phoned the bank to report this and got the normal assurancies that no one can access my account and all looked fine. I went through the process and re-set everything. A couple of days later, a letter arrives from my bank, saying thank you for your change of details, however please contact xxxxxxxxx to confirm you have requested this? I recieved another letter saying, I was successful with my application to open another account and my card would follow, I didn't apply?

I tried ringing the number and ended up talking to the banks helpline, who asked I go into my branch to follow this up.

I went to my branch with the letters and they looked into it on the system.

Regarding the second account being opened: This would have been if I had hit the submit button twiceconfused-smiley-013.gif That account was cancelled.

The change of details request: This was an error at the bank and hundreds of letters had been sent out to customersspeechless-smiley-040.gif

I was given the assurance again, that it was computer error and all was fine with my account. Nothing untoward has been going on since, but now with this !!!! up, it makes me wonder if there is a connection?

Does anyone know what date the discs went missing?

I would be on the register as I recieve childs allowance, tax credits etc.

Maybe I'm just putting 2 + 2 together = 5

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though

It was mid-October I think when the discs went missing.

And weird Al that is not a very nice thing to say about the OH:p

I would agree that if anyone stole my details they would be on a hiding to nothing.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

not being funny but..

it is quite easy to find out peoples sort & A/C details if you have a bit of savvy and.......

it does not really gain anything of an advantage.

the thing about all this that you SHOULD be very worried about is IF you use ANY details about your under 16 child in your passwords etc. or your pieces of classified information.

if you have then CHANGE THEM NOW.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...