'Trace confirmation' letter from SRJ Debt Recoveries

beest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL -

So, it appears I was getting carried away.

SRJ have sent me some bills from E.oN, which appears to be an initial bill sent to the Landlord, and then a further bill for slightly more addressed to myself and two other previous tenants. All of whom no longer live at the address.

Looking at the bills E.On have generated I think they've charged the Landlord, who must have given final readings back to E.On who've then revised the bill.

SRJ have simply attached a piece of headed note paper with 'copy of bill' written on it, what do you suggest I do?

Also - The final bill from E.On is £456.29, however SRJ were chasing me for £151.24 - Is this an indication that the two other tenants have already paid towards the final bill?

Please bear in mind that I have no paperwork relating to my time at this address, nor do I have the contact details for the two tenants who were in the property whilst I was there.

Thanks in advance!

I think you should except that you flat mate probably lied to you when they said the bill was all paid up, it happens. The amount they are asking for seems to be for a third of the bill. You could carry on trying to ignore them and send the standard replies to the debt collectors but it does seem to be a legitimate request for payment, if you assume that your flat mate didn't pay the bill. You have to be careful that they don't make you libel for the whole amount though if you do decide to pay and I wouldn't pay any additional costs.

Ask them for proof they are liable to collect this debt on Eon's behalf

Ask them for a list of all bills and all payments so you can check the amount is accurate.

If they come up with all that and it adds up.... begrudgingly .... pay!!! :evil:

At least make them earn a crust like all the decent people on here!!

ALL -

So, it appears I was getting carried away.

SRJ have sent me some bills from E.oN, which appears to be an initial bill sent to the Landlord, and then a further bill for slightly more addressed to myself and two other previous tenants. All of whom no longer live at the address.

Looking at the bills E.On have generated I think they've charged the Landlord, who must have given final readings back to E.On who've then revised the bill.

SRJ have simply attached a piece of headed note paper with 'copy of bill' written on it, what do you suggest I do?

Also - The final bill from E.On is £456.29, however SRJ were chasing me for £151.24 - Is this an indication that the two other tenants have already paid towards the final bill?

Please bear in mind that I have no paperwork relating to my time at this address, nor do I have the contact details for the two tenants who were in the property whilst I was there.

Thanks in advance!

i find it interesting that e.on originally charged the landlord for the bill. to me this would suggest that the contract with e.on was original in your landlords name at the time of the bill being unpaid. so out of the 3 of you that shared the flat who paid the bill? and did they pay to e.on directly or simply pay the money to the landlord to cover the bill recieved by the landlord? If its the latter, then given the original bill being in the landlords name, it would seem that the contract is between your landlord and the e.on and not with yourself or the other 2 that shared the house/flat. its therefore appears your landlord has disputed the debt claiming that he leased the premises out to you and your 2 house mates who failed to pay him money for the electricy bill. however this doesnt change the fact that the contract was between the landlord and e.on and not yourselfs.

Basically if you or your 2 other house mates did not sign up to any electricity company, then the agreement will be between the landlord and the electricy company. as a result, it will be the landlords debt not yours. prove of which is that fact that the first bill is in the landlords name!

if i was you i would request that they send you a copy of the original signed contract agreement. if its signed by your landlord then the debt is legally his/hers and they have no legal right to pursue you for it.

Of course the landlord can pursue you him/herself for the debt if you had agreed to pay the electricy bill on top of rent etc. but it appears the landlord had signed up to e.on as the elctrcity supplier, therefore it is the landlord that is contractually bound to pay the bill regardless and can then only chase you for the debt if u signed the lease agreeing to cover the cost of electricity usage whilst renting house.

If what ive said above actually turns out to be the case then e.on should not have added your name or your house mates names to the account as doing so would implie that you had enter a contract with them, when you had not.

THE FOLLOWING THREAD MAY PROVE USEFUL TO YOU CLICK HERE

NOTE DO NOT SIGN ANY LETTERS THAT YOU SEND TO CREDITORS, DCA OR ANY COMPANY ASKING FOR PAYMENT. ALWAYS USE A COMPUTER GENERATED FONT AS YOUR SIGNITURE TO PREVENT ****** LOWLIFE COMPANIES FROM LIFTING YOUR SIGNITURE AND USING IT TO CREATE FALSEFIED DOCUMENTS, THEY WILL DO IT AND HAVE DO IT BEFORE.

Edited by teaboy2

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

• 1 month later...

This is just a stupid letter!!!!!

I mean I have no details of who I owe money to or how much?! I'm now in a DRO so owe no money, I've just moved and hardly anyone knows my new address (new job, bank, parents, utilities), the only money I know I owe is closing of phone, tv & untilities account.

Its not that I owe anything just more about how they got this address. I did update my credit reports last week.

Edited by 2009dg

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

I wonder if you can help me. I too have had the trace confirmation letter, now followed up by the 'Referral for Litigation' scare tactic letter.

However I received the letters due to a Royal Mail redirection, from address B. The "debt" relates to phonelines at address A. Being as I am now at address C, I'm not really sure how to proceed.

I have a letter from the OC in 2007 responding to complaints saying that the BT phone line is lost, and so my calls and internet through it supplied by the OC are also lost. I took this to mean that they would stop their services. I then got supplied cable before I moved.

They appear to have been billing me all this time, and this company are now threatening court action at my last address for nearly £500!

I clearly dont want to write to them to dispute it, as they'll get this address. Can they get a CCJ without ever speaking to me? Any advice on how to proceed very gratefully received! Should I try to explain the situation to them?

Hi Bergen,

i will ask one of the site team to create a new thread for your post. Your issue is different to that of the original poster in this thread so for anyone to advise you here would be confusing your issues with that of the OP's which could result in the wrong advice being given.

Once the site team have moved your post to its own thread then other gaggers are likely to read it and respond, also i will advise then aswell.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.