Dell Finance (CIT Group)

Rusty-London
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've got a Dell PC on finance and I had a Direct Debit returned last month. Dell put a £15 charge on the amount then tried to claim the DD again two days later. As I hadn't been paid, it was returned again with another charge on it.

Is it possible to reclaim these charges?

Has anyone had similar problems with Dell and tried to claim?

Yes, the charges have to reflect their actual costs and they are not allowed to profit from them. Also they should have written to you re the failed DD and informed you that they would re apply for the monies on X date, and not just re apply two days later. I think they have breached the DD rules also

• 1 year later...

Just a mention here that Dell Financial Services (CIT) require £25 for just a statement of account! Personally I've fallen exactly into the same situation and in my case unemployment/financial hardship.

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--