A Morbid Tale of Debt

fairbank
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi FB - i've logged in the hope that today has been positive for you.

;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First opportunity to update today

The interview went well I think. Questions not too difficult but I am up against 7 others. So I suppose its a lottery really. As case of whether they want me or somebody else whose face will fit better.

So this weekend I will not think about it until I get the phone call from them. I am working on the basis of a negative answer so the disappointment will bite as hard!

It was good however to have the old grey matter active again and I was a bit tired last night. Haven't felt like that for some time

The corner has become much easier to approach. At long last I am able to start to look behind and see those left behind!

Thanks but I don't find out until Monday!

Ahhhhhhhh!! I don't think i can wait that long!

First opportunity to update today

The interview went well I think. Questions not too difficult but I am up against 7 others. So I suppose its a lottery really. As case of whether they want me or somebody else whose face will fit better.

So this weekend I will not think about it until I get the phone call from them. I am working on the basis of a negative answer so the disappointment will bite as hard!

It was good however to have the old grey matter active again and I was a bit tired last night. Haven't felt like that for some time

It sounds very competitive, so you have obviously done well just to reach interview stage.

Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

;-)

Well done on getting shortlisted and on the interview fairbank. Let's hope it's positive news on Monday. I just went back a few pages through your thread to see if there was any result on the tax rebate?

In the meantime, good luck with the result of the interview - there are plenty of people on here rooting for you (don't know why that sounds rood, must be my fiflthy mind).

Anyway good luck mate.

Claim against First Direct - WON - 29th March 2007

* 'rude' not 'rood' - my spelling is getting worse

Your dirty thoughts are obviously distracting you!! :D

Thanks Hopeful 1

I remain hopeful 2!

Ha ha! Like it! :D:cool:

Big day today. Should find out about the job.

Over apprehensive at the moment - will post the result once I know

I have everything crossed!!!

The corner has become much easier to approach. At long last I am able to start to look behind and see those left behind!

Bad news I'm afraid. Didn't get the job

Seething having learnt it has gone to an internal candidate who I know is of a poor standard. Smacks of nepotism to me

Need to soldier on now and get past this disappointment

Sorry to hear that Fairbank, I've been through the same thing - but my job now is a lot better - couldn't have done the job if I had been weighted down with personal problems but it's fairly easy now.

Hopefully something else will come your way and make life better/smoother for you.

Bad luck about the job Fairbank.

Maybe they thought you were to good for them you would not want a job that you are to good for and getting bored easily.

Anyway the Next job may be better pay and you maybe challeged in the next job.

That way you wont start causing office dilemas like may bad day at work post in the beergarden.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Oh godddd I'm SO sorry to hear about your friend. I'm having a good old sniffle now because I came sooooo close to giving up because of all the trouble I've been in. Goodness me I'm lost for words.

I have to say it's largely down to the fighters here at CAG that I bothered to keep going and fight. Not sure what I'd have done otherwise. I came so very close almost a year back.

Anyway best of luck to you I still can't believe what I just read. Off for a stiff coffee. It's a bit naff but keep with it, tenacity is key in these situations we find ourselves in.

Sam

Well thanks for all your commiserations folks.

Have to keep going. Currently trying to convince an agency that I am their man for some temporary work at the local hospital. NOt great money but will trigger off a tax rebate whcih will keep my mortgage company happy (ish)

For anybody in a similiar situation a good piece of advice is to wipe the non priority debts out of your mind and make offers of very small token payments. Concentrate on the priority debts if you can, if you can't pay speak to the lender they have a certain amount of patience. My lenders are running out of patience now but I am optimistic enough to keep going at the moment.

The phone stops ringing after a while, once you have ignored these people enough times. Sure they wil adopt different tactics but ignorance does work.

I am very close to losing the house, Paragon will take me to court soon. BUt I base my escape on the fact that I am working towards a reasonable offer to pay off the arrears and hope the judge will appreciate my situation. It would be about 3 months before they could reposess anyway and I work towards paying the arrears off in time.

What I am saying there is a need to remain steadfast and optimistic otherwise I would just give up.

Ngotiation works as well. Just had the final demand for my telephone. Called them and I can pay it back in three payments. They would rather have a payment arrangement rather than go through caliming the money.

Just a case of keeping ones nerve and being determined to get over a difficult period.

Hope this helps anybody, at the end of the day if you can't do it, so be it. It isworth giving everything your best shot first of all (and I do have some serious and pressing financial problems)

Hang on in there everybody!

• Haha 1

A good thing about losing your phone line is the DCAs/OCs cant phone you.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi FB,

Sorry the job didn't come through - Good to see your spirits still high enough to offer advice to others.

I'll keep me bits crossed for you and the work situation.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Fairbank.

What a huge disappointment, but your attitude in your last post is spot.

Still wishing you lots of luck in your endeavours to find work ;)

Another interview on Friday hopefully, but in sales. Never done it before but am sure I could sell ice to the eskimos

Its all happening at the moment!

Another interview on Friday hopefully, but in sales. Never done it before but am sure I could sell ice to the eskimos

Its all happening at the moment!

Fairbank, i am beginning to get cramp with all these bits i have crossed for you :D

well maybe you should uncross them for reasons of cramp.

Chrissi

Keep crossing them the ultimate relief will be one we can all share together!

Once I get a job then the real fun with creditors starts. That could be even more painful!

Keep crossing them the ultimate relief will be one we can all share together!

Once I get a job then the real fun with creditors starts. That could be even more painful!

Oh joy!! Waiting in anticipation :D

Glad you have another interview on friday FB. Good luck with it.

Chrissi