A Morbid Tale of Debt

fairbank
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a copy from Paragon yestrday. Not asked the FSA yet. What exactly am I asking them about?

The corner has become much easier to approach. At long last I am able to start to look behind and see those left behind!

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you can scan it and post it on here, taking out the personal bits, we can advise you on whether the debt is enforcable or not

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

if you can scan it and post it on here, taking out the personal bits, we can advise you on whether the debt is enforcable or not

fingers crossed:o :D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

There are two here is the first:

Not sure if I ma doing it right so here goes with the first try.

The corner has become much easier to approach. At long last I am able to start to look behind and see those left behind!

It is shameful that 9000 of that loan is PPI and yet here you are on the forum with difficulty with this loan and suffering hard times.

I so resent the fact that these organisations can get away with selling this stuff and it never paying out!

Update

Second default from Paragon received for smaller loan. They have just called me and advised that their broker sold me the PPI and I have to approach them. Unless I can come up with £1200 now likely that I will be in court in January, with repossession likely. Good start to the day

I feel like I did four weeks ago at the moment, with no sign of any work in the near future, skint, no prospects and the supposed happy time of year looming!

I really think that I may lose my house now unless a miracle happens. The only think that may stop this is a whack of working and child tax credits coming in January, to keep things at bay for a while.

The unsecured debt is not big at all but the worry of the house is very difficult to deal with

Fairbank, don't give up. I do understand why you feel so glum though.

I'll see if i can find some useful info for you re brokers and PPI.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hello Fairbank,

Come on keep you chin up, there will always be light at the end of the tunnel.

Have a look at this link, post 5. It discusses the responsibility between the lender and the broker regarding commission being paid for sales.

Useful Documents for PPI Bundles

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

:D you need to be quick of the mark to beat me.:p

:D you need to be quick of the mark to beat me.:p

Woo hooo!!! :D

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Try looking at www.direct.gov.co.uk

there is a section on your rights concerning arrears. It is important to know where you stand with valuations etc.Possessions are full of possible pitfalls if you dont know your way around. There are plenty of stories on here where houses have been sold for less than value etc and people being chased for monies years afterwards.Lets hope it doesnt come to that but pre-warned is pre-armed.

I think also I have read you can ask CAB to advise you on court appearances?

There is also a section on this in the banking code.

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE