Putting the record straight

Guest perky88
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Legaladvisor .... Your knowledge of the law is somewhat confused.

I cannot disclose address details for any person

An appeal should be lodged within 14-days for claims on the small claims track.

We keep going around in circles ... all I ask for, and its a simple request is details of 1 case that has been defended by a driver where the PPC has also attended...

This is ALL I have ever asked for.

Its not about going quiet, not being able to answer ...

As for comments about other businesses my family are involved in, I am unsure what this has got to do cases involving a parking ticket .... but if it keeps you happy talking about it then please dont let me stop you.

An example of common sense and standard consumer/business advice is, hypothetically..

Would you , for example, enter into a business arrangement with someone whose apparent office was Freds Cafe, high street, basildon ? Never has to publish accounts ? refuses to disclose pertinent information as to their success rate ? Now i'm not dipping into my pocket for a D&B YET as I wouldn't if i was presented with this hypothetical situation.

All posts by myself are without prejudice and do not constitue legal advice, they are purely for the discussion of points of law and consumer rights.

I am however not affiliated in any way shape or form with any financial institution or parking company. And if i am elected I will make it mandatory that all persons posting on this forum make such a declaration just so we can all see who the trolls are :-)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a former local councillor, I remember that we had a policy of not allowing 'excessive street furniture'. This came about because so many businesses took the mickey and ended up obstructing the footway. Charging to allow the public street to be used by private business seems to be not unreasonable.

Anyway, after reading the article, it seems that the Council are reminding business owners of pre-existing obligations. Is Madame Perkins of Mrs Miggin's Pies Shop suggesting he wasn't aware of them?

PM sent to legaladvisor.

Excellent, I have already volunteered my services, inadequate as they are, and any financial assistance I can give.

I take it this was the details of a former or pending victim, sorry client, of yours that would be prepared to have his defence funded and prepared for him/her ?

All posts by myself are without prejudice and do not constitue legal advice, they are purely for the discussion of points of law and consumer rights.

I am however not affiliated in any way shape or form with any financial institution or parking company. And if i am elected I will make it mandatory that all persons posting on this forum make such a declaration just so we can all see who the trolls are :-)

Guest perky88

Fred01 .. please "wind your neck in" ... as your valuable contribution to this debate so far has been ???

I copy the note sent to legaladvisor by pm at 11:15

-----

I am surprised you are asking me to disclose personal details of [NAME REMOVED], I would have imagined you of all people would understand this is not possible.

I will happily forward your details to [NAME REMOVED] for him to contact you, I will advise him of your interest in his case and willingness to prepare and fund an appeal so the legalities of PPC can be correctly addressed. (I take it you ot the other interested parties are prepared to fund the appeal ??)

I am not going to enter into a personal insult email exchange with you or anyone else, as a lawyer of 20years standing I am very surprised by some of the comments you have made on this site.

If you advise details of where/how [NAME REMOVED] can contact you. (Please, no mobile numbers as it is not normal for lawyers acting in a professional manner to communicate by mobile numbers).

Also, to confirm your legal status the details of your company and your registration status with the law society.

I am not disputing your status, but I am sure you will agree there are lots of fakes on the internet and if I am passing on details I need to be sure they are genuine.

Thank You

-----

2 replies have been received stating he is not prepared to disclose who he is (strange as he is more than happy to disclose other people) and now he doesnt want a past case but the next one.

I have advised if he doesnt want blackburn as the conspiricy theories on here seem to indicate [NAME REMOVED] is a friend/colleague/partner - so I have given him another one recently won in Coventry on 31st October 2007.

Muggerbee ... I am sure your legal input will be most valuable (in addition to the financial assistance you have pledged to the defendant - or the appellant depending on your viewpoint)

Guest perky88

Here is a copy of email sent to legaladvisor at 11:38

I am more than willing to assist you and forward your details to a person to which we have obtained a judgement.

I appreciate that Blackburn everyone thinks is a relative or some other person we took to court to with a weak case so we would look good ... so lets forget Blackburn.

We have another case Combined Parking Solutions -v- [NAME REMOVED] at a carpark we manage in Birmingham .. This is not a cafe or anything to do with our land .. just a client of ours.

We obtained judgement in Coventry County Court on 31st October 2007 (after a full hearing) - The defendant has not yet paid so I am sure he would be more than happy to speak with you.

I notice your sidekick (muggerbee) has already offered his legal & financial services and I am sure your followers will do the same.

Despite what you and others may think, our business has always tried to be 100% above board, we donot employ debt collectors and if any person disagrees with a ticket we always send to county court.

This puts us in a position where we could lose time and money - I am not expecting you to love what we do as a business, but if people respected other peoples land then there would be no need for enforcement.

I have tried throughout this to ALWAYS explain things from the other side - and because of this I welcome the opportunity for an appeal to be heard and then some clarification given.

I will contact [NAME REMOVED] (or [NAME REMOVED] if you wish) but I fail to see why you dont want to reveal your identity.

In the event of a person contacting you, then I would expect you would represent them in your legal capacity and your identity would be known anyway.

I am more than happy to discuss the way forward by telephone if required.

Please note, I am more than happy to have this tested in a higher court - it would stop guess work from people and also (hopefully) set some guidelines that PPCs and the public can relate to.

I have discussed this with the other partners and we are in agreement and look forward to resolving this matter in a professional way.

If you would like a telephone discussion to move forward then I am more than happy to oblige.

Thanks,

---

PLEASE NOTE: The rules of this forum state no names or personal details should EVER be used ... maybe others want to review their posts and modify accordingly .... I have removed names in this post, the names were sent to legaladvisor in a PM

Guest perky88
Perky88, I challenge you to send me by PM the details of the losing defendant NAME REMOVED in your case. I will then either appeal on his behalf or get the judgement set aside so that he can receive a proper defence.

You are extremely sure of your legal position so I will look forward to your message imminently. If you do not accept the challenge, I will post back here that fact and you will be revealed for exactly the wannabe lawyer bull****ter that you clearly are.

I have fully accepted the challenge and welcome the opportunity for you to put the judgement aside/appeal on his behalf.

I have also stated if the original person is not interested and/or people think the case was a setup - then I have given him another one for consideration.

I am sure people on here will happily dig into their pockets, not they have to much as legaladvisor, being a 20yr standing solicitor will donate his time for free as he wants to get this resolved.

I will also donate my time for free for this appeal.

Court fees will be payable by the appellant, but I am sure people on here will contribute to the fund (muggabee of independant means obviously has nothing to do all day, so he can act as banker).

I would suggest we start moving forward in a CONSTRUCTIVE way, I have answered the challenge ... over to others so we can progress.

I am sure the others reading this (except the people who are only on here to make silly comments with no other input .. fred etc...) would say this is the BEST and ONLY way forward.

So lawyerman, certain details will need to remain confidential and we can communicate via PM/Telephone - but lets keep it professional.

Guest perky88

I agree it sounds excellent, it will, if nothing else shed some read light and clarification on what needs to be in place to enforce private parking tickets.

I think its the best way forward ... everyone on here seems to be an armchair/internet lawyer/advisor ... now is the real chance for BOTH sides of the story to be heard.

One side from a parking company who has taken people to court, have them defended and won and the other side (lawyerman) with his 20yrs experience who is 100% certain they are un-enforcenable in whatever circumstances.

But it will be REAL and not guesswork ... and thats got to be good for all.

So, for the record I dont hide behind anything - I think our business is 100% enforceable .. I cant comment on others who may hide .. But even my doubters (many on here Im sure) cant argue with the fact I am more than willing to have a REAL argument in court.

You think it's just legal advisor that your taking on?, I think you underestimate the anger that out there regarding people and organisations like you.

Oh and lastly, you state that your business is 100% enforceable, I didn't think you operated a penal regime, I thought you only charged! I would suggest that you should swallow some of you own medicine regarding knowitalls but then your veil is slipping all the time.

Guest interesting

I am sure the anger is only matched by those landowners who pay a fortune in rent/rates for their carparks and get people constantly abusing it.

Guest perky88

Once I have received a response from legaladvisor (none to date..) I/he will let you know.

As for comments from johno1066 - I am sure you will be donating to the fund as you obviously feel very strongly about it ... I doubt however you will contribute much legal knowledge and looking through your previous posts they have not amounted to much ... but I am sure they will appreciate the financial assistance from you.

Perky, I have replied to you. Unlike you I keep private messages private rather blabbing them on here and trying to win childish points. As I have said in my PM I await your details of a new defendant so that I and others may make sure they have a proper defence.

I will not respond to further PMs by you as you clearly do not understand the ethics of correponding in that way. It would be nice if we could have conducted (and resolved) this in a grown up way but I don't think that will be possible given your attitude.

I am sure the anger is only matched by those landowners who pay a fortune in rent/rates for their carparks and get people constantly abusing it.

Just FYI

a landowner will pay a lot more in rates if he/she/they is/are obtaining an income from it. That is obviously aside from whether or not council planning consent has been approved for a business venture such as a commercial car parking operation has been granted . They also face serious penalties if not declaring income ,especially if they are vat registered as any income i.e. Charges for a service as opposed to penalties, MUST be declared to HMR & C .

Obivously if they are a sole trader (or partnership) with revenues less than the current limit for VAT registration the penalty would only be for evasion of income tax.

The last valuation by the VOA of a certain premises I know of in 2005 only counted the retail premises and offices and they were not advised,apparently, that the car park was not free, but under certain contractural situations asserted by the owners generated a potential income of in excess of 1400 gbp per space per month. If they had known this the rateable value of the property would possibly have been readjusted from it's current 13,000 gbp to something more realistic.

Damn i knew i'd forgotten to mention something.. IF your revenues exceed the VAT threshold, it is an offence not to put your VAT number on an invoice :lol:

Guest perky88

I cant seem to win here ...

legaladvisor stated he wanted the details for the appeal, I offered this to him.

Now he states it is harder to get a judgement reversed than a new one ... The law is the law, if your argument will work in a defence the same will work in an appeal.

If you can presuade the court that there are grounds to suspect ticket is unlawful and unenforceable and the original court made a mistake, then an appeal will be granted ... no questions.

You keep going on about how sure you are they are un-enforcebale ... this is now your chance to get an open hearing.

The Vine case, after all that you will be referring to, was an appeal and was sucsessfully won ...

As a company we get people making payment literally 24hrs before the hearing - and until the case goes to court their details are private and we cannot disclose them to anyone (I dont make data protection laws, but have to abide by them).

Once it has gone to court the record is PUBLIC and (with certain exceptions) details be obtained.

You asked for details for appeal .. I have given them ... dont move the goal posts now.

FYI .. I have 1 person who has had judgement/not paid who is interested in your assistance .....

Guest perky88

muggerbee, a little knowledge is dangerous and you have just proven that point.

The rateable value of one of our businesses is correct £13,000 and is in Wolverhampton and does not have car park spaces declared on the rateable value.

BUT .. if you read the judgement it related to a shop in TELFORD, NOT wolverhampton - so PLEASE ensure your facts are correct as the one you are smugly relating to has no spaces .. so no change in rates !!

Plz get facts right before posting, it definately makes you appear smarter if the information is correct.

muggerbee, a little knowledge is dangerous and you have just proven that point.

The rateable value of one of our businesses is correct £13,000 and is in Wolverhampton and does not have car park spaces declared on the rateable value.

BUT .. if you read the judgement it related to a shop in TELFORD, NOT wolverhampton - so PLEASE ensure your facts are correct as the one you are smugly relating to has no spaces .. so no change in rates !!

Plz get facts right before posting, it definately makes you appear smarter if the information is correct.

Well if we're working on assumptions that this is something directed at you then, your VAT number is ? it's on the bottom of invoices issued for a service by the registered company if you need to find it.

Guest perky88
Perky, I have replied to you. Unlike you I keep private messages private rather blabbing them on here and trying to win childish points. As I have said in my PM I await your details of a new defendant so that I and others may make sure they have a proper defence.

I will not respond to further PMs by you as you clearly do not understand the ethics of correponding in that way. It would be nice if we could have conducted (and resolved) this in a grown up way but I don't think that will be possible given your attitude.

I only posted as certain members of the group started accusing me of not following it through (although the message was sent BEFORE their posting).

If you had just posted a note to say "PM has been received and we are discussing way forward" - it would have prevented the silly comments that followed.

You will note I removed ALL personal names and the details in the PM was something that would have been acceptable to discuss in this forum.

I have replied to your PM, and as it causes you issues will not divulge any information we exchange - as long as the agreement it is both ways and anything we do post publically is agreed between ourselves beforehand.

I do hope you stick by your original request to take the case to appeal ... everyone on here is hoping you do ... me included

Guest interesting

this is getting very silly now, what does a VAT number for a shop have to do with a parking ticket?

Moderators please, it seems to me this thread is not being viewed and its becoming a free for all and going off topic.

Moderators you are moderators for a reason, please do something about it.

Guest perky88
Well if we're working on assumptions that this is something directed at you then, your VAT number is ? it's on the bottom of invoices issued for a service by the registered company if you need to find it.

You need which VAT number and for what purpose ?????

I am sure as an individual with so much time on your hands and obvious knowledge that information should be easy to discover !

BTW ... This is a thread about Parking, not VAT numbers, Cafes, Coffee Shops, Rates ... think you would be best concentrating on the subject in discussion.

That being ... getting your sidekick "legaladvisor" to stick by his original offer and take on an appeal - his excuse about easier to defned a case than an appeal has NO legal basis at all ... The law is the law and a legal argument is a legal argument ...

Lets move this FORWARD (Vat Numbers and rates .. come on !!!).

and your legal basis .. past experiences of this are ?????

Just the case details by PM are OK . .I can get judgement details and blank out names to comply with rules

Just a note on here publicly to say you have done it .. I will confirm will prove it.

UNLESS you have it .. shut up ... FACT=FACT .... not "a bloke told me in the pub that xxxx" ..

What FACT do you have .. come one ... tell me .... After all a county court record is PUBLIC !!!! ....

fact noone has ever been taken have they>except your mates for a bit of publicity

IF you actually read a thread you'd have realised that the tickets slapped on a winscreen by a Private Parking Company are an invoice, allegedly for a service offered and accepted as stated by the OP, as such they are liable for Value Added Tax at the applicable rate as set by the exchequer.

Moderators are moderators for a reason ,agreed. The reason is to protect the genuine users of the forum and to uphold the standards of the forum and it's aims. Blatant trolling and passing of misinformation to users of the forum for some unknown reason, well strange reason is more apt, is , One would reasonably assume ,more likely to draw the attention of those who give their time and effort selflessly in the pursuit of a common ideal which does not involve lining the pockets of the unscrupulous few than asking questions which call them and their advocates to account. IMHO

Once I have received a response from legaladvisor (none to date..) I/he will let you know.

As for comments from johno1066 - I am sure you will be donating to the fund as you obviously feel very strongly about it ... I doubt however you will contribute much legal knowledge and looking through your previous posts they have not amounted to much ... but I am sure they will appreciate the financial assistance from you.

That's the trouble with assumptions, like promolgations about parking victories, they have a habit of biting you on the backside. Hope you don't play poker by the way.

Mod note:

I see no reason to close this thread at the moment, as long as it doesn't degenerate into a slanging match. Some posts are borderline, and I have previously asked for things to remain civil, and reiterate that request.

I have removed real names where I spotted them (may well have missed some, granted), and would ask people to refrain from posting information that may lead to someone's real identity being disclosed.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation, on both sides.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks