Return mobile to Argos

eagent
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone i need some help.after purchasing a mobile phone from argos on thursday 8th of november as a gift,i am having problems trying to get a refund as the gift was not user friendly for whom it was purchased for. after going in the store i was told i was not allowed a refund becuase i had opened the box.the phone as not been opened or turned on.can anyone help? where do i stand?:???:

Mobile Phones are exempt from Argos' 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. In which case you can only return it if faulty. It says this in the catalogue, on your receipt and when you purchase.

Unfortunately unless the product is faulty/wrongly described Argos have no legal requirement to refund the item. You can try phoning customer services but if you have purchased it in store then you have a very low chance of getting a refund.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Was it as described? This can include a description geiven in the catalogue. If it is not as described (for example the phone said that it was very easy to use) then you have a case for refund. Bear in mind though that such descriptions are to be taken from the ordinary person's viewpoint and can be a bit difficult to prove.