hi im new

faye123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

READ THE FAQs

I'm new and I would just like to say: yes, I have read the FAQs. I have also explored the library a little and read a number of posts from various forums.

Great forum site, this... wish I'd found it a year or too sooner as the biggest hit I took from the bank was around seven years ago :((. Oh well. Onwards and upwards, eh?

It won't stop me from going after other charges, more recently imposed.

The existence of this forum, and the action group (as well as, possibly, other groups) goes some way to explaining something I had found perplexing in the past: the question of why my credit card company, when challenged, voluntarily gave back half of the punitive charges they had been piling up for months. Now I believe they have this as standard policy in place; when things suddenly get a lot easier for a low-income person, that person is far less likely to go to the CAB or seek guidance elsewhere and consequently far less likely to find out he or she can probably get the whole lot back.

Perhaps this post should have been in the General forum... please move it if that's so, with my apologies.

The bank from seven years ago win because I didn't know. I may post the story in the appropriate forum but it's unlikely to be far different from hundreds of other posts.

The credit card company is Capital One.

I hesitate to name institutions until I have got my head around the issue of what constitutes defamatory statements. I'm a cautious type.

Love the signature - here's to lots of painful toes :twisted:

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks