Currys Whatever Happens!!

Debtworry
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Not sure if you remember my post a few weeks ago regarding my TV that i purchased from Currys was broken, and that i had whatever happens protection.

Well i rang Currys to explain that my 6yr old boy fell into it cracking the screen, they sent out an engineer to visibly look at the Tv and then said "yes it will need a new LCD" they said they will be in touch a week later to collect the Tv for repair all was good, as promised a week later they took the TV and said it should be back within a week, this was 2weeks ago, this morning i recieved a letter saying they are returning the TV un-repaired as the insurance doesn't cover neglect! how can my boy falling into it be neglect!!! :-x

They have gave me an address to write to, to appeal, anyone have any ideas what i can write back? i'm useless at writing letters, or what further action i can take.

Thanks

Forgot to say, on the back of the agreement it states repair against Accidental Damage! well he didn't purposely fall into the TV

Do you have Houshold contents insurance. Most policies will provide Accidental Damage cover automatically for items such as TVs. Always handy when you have 6 year olds !

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Do you have Houshold contents insurance. Most policies will provide Accidental Damage cover automatically for items such as TVs. Always handy when you have 6 year olds !

Unfortunatly i dont have home insurance :mad:

In that case, do you have a copy of the wording from Curries. The will be some exclusions no doubt however it's called "whatever happens" insurance therefore whatever happens should be covered otherwise it is totally mis-leading and whoever sold the TV to you should've pointed it out.

If there is a policy wording, can you scan and post it ?

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Hi again,

My scanner isn't installed at mo but will type out the Whatever Happens Coverplan states.

1) What does my whatever happens service agreement protect me against?

With whatever happens you are protected for the following (unless your product qualifies for instant replacement)

*Mechanical Breakdown

*Breakdown Due To Mishap

*Business Use (see section 10 for full details)

*Worldwide Protection

*No Charge if no fault is found

*You wont pay a penny extra, labour, parts and general advice are all included.

2) - 8) state pc upgrade etc

9) Information you need to know

The following items are not included

*Regularly replaced items/consumables items

*Built-In batteries

*Bulbs

*Vacuum Cleaner Belts

*Lamps used in protection TV's & projection

*Cosmetic Damage where it does not affect the operation or safety of the product

*Repair costs that have not been approved

*Damage or breakdown due to flood, wind or other sevre weather

*The cost of repairing or replacing a product which fails because anyone neglects, abuses or misuses the product

I stopped there as thats what they say i have done, misused, neglected or absued my TV?

Well as people may know, my forte is motor however policy wordings are policy wordings. In my opinion I think that they are incorrect in refusing your claim on the basis of neglect, misuse and/or abuse as I fail to see that what is an "accident" by a 6 year old can be classed as such. On the contrary, the wording that states that you are covered under the "breakdown due to mishap" clause should apply. This was an accident/mishap.

I suggest that you do ring them and explain the above & post what they say. If they still decline I'll suggest a strongly worded letter.

I appreciate that there are numerous reasons that people don't purchase contents insurance however I would strongly advise at least a basic cover. You'd be suprised what's covered.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Trojan, i typed up a letter a few days ago ready to send them recorded delivery, but i'm not sure if it sounds right hence why i haven't sent it as yet.

As soon as i re-word it or send it as is i will post the reply i get back.

Thanks