Additional Charges??

dafini
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi @ll!

I'm new here, allthough I did claim back the small amount of charges from RBOS & BOS last year. :D

This time I'm fed up with these Banks.

I am running a (very) small business with my wife (about £100/month) and have this small Business account with BOS. Dell financial services wanted to take via Direct Debit the monthly payment of £57.54 of my account on 24.10.07 what did happen. Unfortunatly my account went about £30 over the overdraft limit, what was my mistake. So I drove to the Branch and payed in £40. As I came home they had already got the money back from Dell and had charged me already £35!! I wrote them a message from my account saying I'm not going to argue with them and I wanted this sorted out immediatly. I could have told that my dog, useless. :mad:

So I phoned them on 26.10. and was put through to some dodgy manager who just ignored what I was saying. I told them there was enough money in the account that day and they told me there should be enough in it the day before???

The same thing had happened 3 times with my personal account and I was not charged a penny!!:idea:

On Monday 29.10 I received the letter (sent on 26.10 and saying written on 24.10) with the note that I have been charged £35.:-x

So I sent them the first letter from Bankcharges.info.

Today I received a message from Dell financial services saying the Bank had rejected the payment (I phoned them on 24th and told them that) and now I will be charged late payment interest and additional charges plus an administration charge of £15. :confused:

So I'm now within a couple of days beeing EDIT for over £50!

Sorry, this may have been asked somewhere else in the forum but can I claim these Dell charges from the BOS back with postage and other charges (maybe the drive to see a doctor because of this ridiculous behavior from BOS).

If I were you, Id change my bank. Let them know precisely why and also remind them that they have lost your business and personal banking forever. They may miraculously refund your intial charge but even if they dont then they probably arent worth staying with anyway. Other banks are offering good deals to entice customers. shop around.

In answer to your question I think it will probably be highly unlikely they will refund you.

27th April - Requested Statements

13th May - Received Statements:D

15th May - Preliminary request for £4780 sent.:D

16th May - Royal Mail confirm Letter received.:D

23rd May - Received Letter considering claim. :grin:

30th May - Letter Before Action sent. :D

10th July - Times Up!! FOS claim going in.

16th July - Measly 30% of claim offered as goodwill

17th July - Rejected offer letter sent

25th July - Acknowledgement of Reject Letter received

26th July - Screwed over by the OFT,Banks, FSA & FOS all in one go.:evil:

Never even felt it happen.

Hi dafini,

If a direct debit came out my acccount one day and there wasn't enough funds as long as i put in enough to cover the same day the dd still went through without charge until last month.

I got charged when I had put the money in the same day, I called them up to be told they have now stopped customers being able to do this but they did not inform me of this, they agreed to stop the charge but advised in future the money has to be available the day before the dd was due.

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks Deso.

That is actually what I told them on the telephone. I said they should get this sorted, make sure the dd goes through and put the £35 back on my account or I'll claim it back anyway and cancel both business and personal account. They don't bother. If I would be making millions of £ I'm sure they would be kissing my feet.

The problem is that I can not find a bank that is fair! They seem all be trying to rob me.

IdaInFife! That's quite dodgy.:o

When I see dd's taken off my account on Friday that are dated for Monday.

All in all there seems to be a silent agreement between Westminster and the Banks. They seem to be covering each other. :confused:

I would call the majority of them criminals. :-D