Studio catalogues

drummyb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

I've been browing briefly through the threads with this money making machine as its topic. The wife has an account with them and has for several years. I was wondering as I can't find a definate answer what the position is with this company. They had hiked a payment protection policy on her account (without asking) and also charge an extortionate admin fee every month as well. I suspect that this is legally very dodgy for them to do. Just wondering how it is challenged if it is.

Do you ask for statements back as per the banks or what?

Any help gratefully received

You can claim back the admin charges. The PPI Studio are not keen to pay back, but having said that the FOS have got back my PPI. Studio do not hold agreements and are therefore they are on sticky ground as the debt is in effect unenforceable so its good to do a CCA that way you have got a better chance of negotiating a deal which is what I have done. There are a lot of threads about Studio so I would do some reading as they are difficult to deal with.

Its letter N you want in the general debt letter templates.

Sorry don't know how to do a link up.

good luck.

hi i didnt do a ppi claim from studio but did claim all my admin fees back.

check all your statments as they really like messing them up i got the same set 4 times.

sent a prelim letter studio made an offer sent a very nice reply back and ehoh they paid you ...easy.

good luck

Ok If I'm reading you correctly in the first instance we need statements and as the wife didnt keep these firstly we need a copy from the last six years I guess.

Stage 2 we send off letter N for the credit agreement

stage 3 we ask for the money back if they don't provide this???

Thanks for the help so far by the way

Hi

If you haven't got statements you will need to do a subject Access Request, this is £10.00 send recorded delivery. Also include a sentence please also include credit agreement and terms and conditions current at the time of opening the account.

Once you have the statements work out how much they owe you plus 39% which is what they are charging then send the letter claiming them back.

Studio will offer you a figure, but it will be up to you whether you accept this in part payment and tell them you will pursue for the balance.

After this is Court or the Financial Service Ombudsman to pursue for the balance. I took the FOS route, free and Studio are charged £400.00 for this.

I am happy with my settlement. I got my charges and ppi back.

I'm confused now

There are 3 charges on my copy statement

Service Charge

Admin charge and the PPI

Can you claim all of these back, part of these back-if so which parts and what is the 39% for again please?

I ended up being charged £604 for £294 worth of goods

thanks to anyone who can help

Den

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

well we got the statements and an unsigned credit agreement. I will attempt to claim back fro the PPI that wasnt asked for, the admin charges and the 39%. Is there a template letter on here or do I just need to adapt the banking one?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Well I've had a letter back saying no chance sunshine. The part that amuses me is that it states that PPI is sold on a non-advised basis and we simply provide customers with clear balanced info to enable them to make an informed decision...huh??

Blah blah blah. they've actually included a FOS leaflet in it.

Do I go straight for the FOS route or ask them to reconsider?

Have they said that this was their final response. If so, complete the form on line for the FOS print it off and send with your correspondence. I would you though the FOS are really taking a long time to process claims. Alternatively, you can go down the court route. With regard to PPI, FOS will only deal with amounts after, I think it was, January 07, although it maybe Jan 06, I can't remember what date they said to me.