What does it cost to heat a house?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Very open ended question I know. But I am looking for a rough estimate of an average heating bill for a house (say 3 bed, no double glazing) with normal usage (e.g. night time and weekends October-April, i.e. not being stupid but not being obsessive about saving).

Any ideas? Any "official" figures from proper studies?

Thanks!

No idea if there are any official figures, but I have a 3 bed terrace. Until recently no DG and boiler/system was 30 years old, and I was paying £30 a month. I'm waiting to see if it goes down this year.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

You don't state if all electric or mixture of Gas and Electric, With prices from Differant supplyers changes alate, ANY price comparision site might assist you further.

Our 3 bed is all electric and costs £79.00 per mth on DD

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

4 beds, gas, and like it warmer rather than chillier, about £30/4 weeks since replaced boiler (approx 70% less than it was with old boiler!!! :shock:), having said that, I don't have the heating on in bedrooms, (too unhealthy) so only bathroom and 1 room heated upstairs.

Hi,

I pay about £35 per month for electric. I had the gas disconnected (far too expensive and reserves are running down) so save on a standing charge and have a wood (multi fuel stove) which provides all my heat and hot water in the Winter. During the warmer months I heat the water by immersion heater.

The above is for a 4 bed semi, with a large conservatory.

My jealous neighbour, (3 bed semi) spends £100 a month on gas!!?

He also takes great interest in the wood burner, another convert on the way before too long me thinks!!

Regards to all.

Hi,

I pay about £35 per month for electric. I had the gas disconnected (far too expensive and reserves are running down) so save on a standing charge and have a wood (multi fuel stove) which provides all my heat and hot water in the Winter. During the warmer months I heat the water by immersion heater.

The above is for a 4 bed semi, with a large conservatory.

My jealous neighbour, (3 bed semi) spends £100 a month on gas!!?

He also takes great interest in the wood burner, another convert on the way before too long me thinks!!

Regards to all.

Wood burners not permitted in smokeless zones If 'all' took it up smog would be back

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have found some great figures for you, take a look at Gas Bills which gives a full breakdown of typical prices by household. Given that gas heating is the most common form of central heating, it should give you a pretty good idea of overall costs

• Haha 1

Approx £220 per month!! - 3 bedroomed bungalow,heating wise all we have are 3 storage heaters (new 4 years ago) and an immersion heater,absolutely appaling.Can't wait until the electric prices go up this week!.

pay £100 a month for a 3 bed end terrace, heating 1 hr in morning and 2 in the evening (in winter only) all plugs unplugged during day. currently standing £1400+ in arrears, so Npower reckon about £2600 per year?

don't know where they get the figures

I have three bed teraced db glaze. Use gas for heating and electric for me good old kettle. do love my cuppa. Seriously I saved money when disability shower was kindly fitted by council that happens to be heat from cold on demand seperate to boiler. I turned off water tank heater two years ago and the bills fortunately dropped. I pay 80.00dd a month for gas and electric and am lucky to have a fairly new council boiler fitted. I was paying double this previously just with water tank on and old boiler!! This is an old council house which was intended to be demolished years ago and instead theyve started to do them up, there isnt a brick in them and I think they sort of insulate each other, if that makes sence.