Ive Won!!!! - but how?

andrew_nwide
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Went down the FOS route, got a rubbish offer from bank, rejected it, FOS said they would go back to them (together with evidence why). Anyway, the Test case scenario happened and I gave up all hope thinking it would be stayed until further notice.

Saturday morning, letter from FOS, saying bank has revised offer and Im getting the whole lot back, over £5,000!!!

How and why this happened when I though everything is on ice is anyones guess...but obviously over the moon

Andy

Hello Andy

This is good news as the FOS have said that they will not process claims until after the test case. Is this Nationwide?

Congratulations . . .

uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Well.........Ive just spoken to FOS, it was a normal flexaccount of mine. However, apparantley I rejected the offer before test case announcment and teh chap said that some cases went through anyway to be investigated and mine was one of them!

So a few slipped through........does not seem to be any real reason as to why, other than luck. I hope some of you guys are included in this batch as well!!!

Andy

A huge WELL DONE - enjoy :D

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

A huge thankyou to all the mods and helpful advice!!!

Could not have done it without your tireless effort.....

Now moving on to credit cards and reclaiming them ...lol

needless to say when money materialises from NW will be donating to site!:D:)

My first ever nosey in the Nationwide forum to be greated with such great news. Im really pleased for you.

congratulations-1.gif

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

• 5 weeks later...

not sure wether to get excited?

seems i've gone a totally different route to most? have i gone horribly wrong?

i contacted the Financial Ombudsman on the recommendation of StudioCards of all people after a call from their debt dept for £65 i owe them.

i explained i've been in and out of hospital and until a few weeks ago (surgury) was on class B painkillers and mostly 'away with the fairys' nice lady gave me the number

i called the Ombudsman who took all my details and has sent a letter to Nationwide because ALL the income into my account is benifits (income support, Carers, child benifit and my sons DLA), the Ombudsman STATED that Nationwide is NOT allowed to take means tested state benifits money to pay UNLAWFULL bank charges

has anyone else had experience of this?

• 4 months later...
not sure wether to get excited?

seems i've gone a totally different route to most? have i gone horribly wrong?

i contacted the Financial Ombudsman on the recommendation of StudioCards of all people after a call from their debt dept for £65 i owe them.

i explained i've been in and out of hospital and until a few weeks ago (surgury) was on class B painkillers and mostly 'away with the fairys' nice lady gave me the number

i called the Ombudsman who took all my details and has sent a letter to Nationwide because ALL the income into my account is benifits (income support, Carers, child benifit and my sons DLA), the Ombudsman STATED that Nationwide is NOT allowed to take means tested state benifits money to pay UNLAWFULL bank charges

has anyone else had experience of this?

Oh my god is this true?

The fact is all my income is benefits of one kind or another due to serious spinal injuries following a criminal attack and the fact that I am a single parent.The Nationwide owes me about two thousand pounds and that is without compensation for unlawful use of my money.

Perhaps there is some hope then? What should I do?

Hi David and welcome to CAG. You need to start a thread of your own that way you will get more help and advice. If you are not sure how to do this have a read here

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.