Urgent Legal Matter - Claim Stayed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am hoping someone will be able to advise me on what to do next.

Had a date set for hearing on Mon 22/10/07, sent court bundles to court office and Nationwide solicitors acting on their behalf and am ready for the hearing.

But on Fri 19/10/07 I received from the court a

GENERAL FORM OF JUDGMENT OR ORDER

(which stated)

Before DISTRICT JUDGE MORLEY sitting at the Edmonton County Court, 59 Fore St, London, N18 2TN.

Upon Reading the defendants letter

IT IS ORDERED THAT

Claim stayed pending the outcome of the the test case.

2. Permission to Claimant to apply within 7 days of service of this order.

Dated 11 October 2007

I have no idea what this means and am not sure if I still need to attend court. The date above is the 11/10/07 but the date at the top of letter in the section which states my claim number is the 17/10/07 and I received it on the 19/10/07 which means the deadline they have stated I need to reply within was already missed before I even opened the letter.

Can anyone advise me on what to do next.

Much appreciated

Adles

Hiya Adles, unfortunately a lot of us are in the same situation at the moment. The stay effectively means that your claim has been put on hold until the outcome of the OFT test case is known, you wont have to go to court on the 22nd because your hearing will have been vacated, heres some more information.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/111117-stays-info-guidance.html

some of us have appealed against the stays that have been placed on our claims but with very little success so at the moment we are all stuck in the same position.

pete

;) hello, I would not bother if I were you, I was in court last week and as the judge pointed out, even if the stay was lifted, the bank would appeall against that and you would not get your money any quicker at this late stage. I know it is frustrating and anoying but think of the extra interest your money will be earning for you. Hils

• 1 month later...

Is it standard practice to sift out the judges with funny names for bank cases?

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/