MBNA letter - world record bullsh*t attempt?

ScarletPimpernel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there an update to this thread please?

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MBNA continue to send a range of stupid letters, and are now sending email too. I note that some of the letters originate in the Republic of Ireland, though they all demand I call the usual number in Chester.

Amusingly, all the emails purport to come from MBNA's Irish office, though they are actually from Chester. Presumably, they think that because I live in Northern Ireland (though I'm English), I will be impressed by emails 'signed' by people with Irish names like Caoimhe and Tadgh - they clearly don't know much about NI!

Anyway, I set up my email client to bounce emails from mbna.com straight back with a nice little message about unsolicited spam; they started using mbna.co.uk and an address that couldn't be replied to - so now they get deleted automatically.

MBNA are becoming tiresome now, so I am drafting a letter summarising all the complaints they have not responded to, the disputes they've ignored, and their many breaches of regulations.

How do you do this please ?:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The news is that MBNA sold the account to Equidebt.

When I informed Equidebt of the various causes of dispute, they backed off immediately. Apparently they have asked MBNA to clarify what's happening about the CCA and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - since when it's all been very quiet.

I'd also been getting many unsolicited consolidation loan offers from a company which I discovered is owned by MBNA, and have complained to TS about it. The letters don't comply with the Companies Act (no company registration details or Reg Off address), and they seemed interested in that aspect.

I use Mac computers, and getting my email client (Mac Mail) to bounce MBNA's messages was just a case of setting up a 'rule'.

I don't know how to do this on a Windoze computer, though I'm sure it can be done - eventually, and with several restarts.:)

I use Mac computers, and getting my email client (Mac Mail) to bounce MBNA's messages was just a case of setting up a 'rule'.

I don't know how to do this on a Windoze computer, though I'm sure it can be done - eventually, and with several restarts.:)

Thank you Scarlet Pimpernel, I think I have worked out how to do it. At the very least they are going into a SPAM folder :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The news is that MBNA sold the account to Equidebt.

When I informed Equidebt of the various causes of dispute, they backed off immediately. Apparently they have asked MBNA to clarify what's happening about the CCA and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - since when it's all been very quiet.

It seems that the DCAs do not like being sold unenforcable or disputed debts by their buddies any more. They probably realise that when someone challenges a DCA for a CCA that they also know it cannot be passed on and that this will be the first response that Greedy DCA 2 gets if they buy a debt from Greedy DCA 1 that is in dispute.

Of course their is a company in Ayrshire who will buy anything irrespective of age, legality or enforcability,

I have just stirred it up with MBNA and Lowells. Decided I was sick of having four defaults on file for the one (unenforceable) MBNA debt (1 default by MBNA, 3 by Lowells) so have asked Experian to get it sorted. Sure this will awaken this debt from the dead but this time I am ready for them:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• 5 months later...

Hi

Just wondering if there's an update on this at all?

I've had pretty much a carbon copy of this, up to the 'take ownership' letter which really got my back up.

Cheers

Lexis200

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Hi All,

Very interesting account of events ScarletPimpernel...

You have got to hand it to MBNA they do try and pull a fast one - and since many people do not know the law or are scared of their bullying tactics - they are simply swallowed into MBNA's drivel...

I have a major problem with them, which is detailed in the thread MBNA Account Fraud (sorry am not allowed to post URLs :x - which is still on-going. Even the Financial Ombudsman is taking the side of MBNA because they have a LOG - regardless of any other information..this LOG takes priority over everything else - including police case letters etc.

My so called debt was sold off to their debt collection agency (Debt Clear Recoveries & Investigation Ltd - based in Manchester) - who persisted in writing letter after letter. I advised them of Section 8 - Protection from Harassment Act 1987 and Section 40 - Administration of Justice Act 1970, since my so-called debt was still pending with the Financial Ombudsman. Did they listen - Yeah like HELL they did - they simply ignored this fact and both MBNA and collection agency continued with their letters of harrasment - which were simply hole punched and filed away. MBNA, however did make me an offer of writting off 60% of the debt (very lucrative offer - IF the debt was originally mine).

I have asked for my CCA and SAR to be sent to me - for which I'm still waiting....so lets see...

Kal

I have heard whatever nothing from Equidebt since they said that they would ask MBNA about the dispute.

I have also been assisting someone else in a similar case, and the debt was ultimately also sold to Equidebt. In this case, they ignored the first dispute letter and sent a template saying that they had 'set up an agreement' (without asking, so not an agreement at all, then), for the debt to be repaid at £15/month. I sent them another letter reminding them of the dispute - since when it's all gone quiet.

Very interesting, thanks for replying.

I guess looking at the last couple of posts, if mine does get sold on I need to cross fingers it's to Equidebt, as they look like the lesser of two evils.

I hope you continue with your nothingness from them!

Lexis

Hello everyone on here! What an absolute pleasure and relief to read through this thread! My poor husband has just spent an hour on the phone trying to speak to someone with a modicum of sense at MBNA. We thought it was just us!!! The poor man is very much on the verge of a breakdown. We have been continually harrassed by them regarding 3 accounts that are overdue, we are only over the credit limits for their charges and continuous interest rate increases. I can copy and paste my first letter to them dated 1st August 2008 to which we have still not had a reply, and in due course our 2nd letter dated 8th September 2008 attaching an Income & Expenditure Form. We have been harrassed continually by the RMA (call centres in Delhi?!), have received fraudulent phone calls asking us for dates of birth, postcodes, etc, postcards through the door advising someone was coming round tomorrow to see us, threatening letters, etc, etc, we are at our wit's end!!!!!!!!!! All other creditors have been extremely cooperative and readily offered freezing of interest, reduced min. payments, etc, etc. Today MBNA told my husband we should live on £300 (family of 4) a month!!!!!!!!!! He's gone ballistic.

MBNA 04 Aug 08 for web.doc

I would hit them with a SAR - Then you can at least try to claim back the charges on the accounts.....

I'm not sure it would be worth the CCA as the accounts are quite new but maybe someone else thinks it may be worth doing?

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

Missed Call Checker - http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/077/m

Thanks for that, apologies, am new here but have just been reading the whole MBNA forum and picking up useful tips too! I have recently insisted on only dealing with them in writing but was told MBNA are a 'telephone bank' and that they are not able to put anything into writing!!!!! :confused:

Oh and it';s probably best to start your own thread then people can track it and give better advice...

And you might want to send them this letter...

Dear Sir/Madam

Account Ref:

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully/sincerely,

It might at least stop them from phoning all the time....

Apologies for the Multiple posts..

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

Guest Old_andrew2018
Thanks for that, apologies, am new here but have just been reading the whole MBNA forum and picking up useful tips too! I have recently insisted on only dealing with them in writing but was told MBNA are a 'telephone bank' and that they are not able to put anything into writing!!!!! :confused:

As Multay said it is a good idea to start your own thread as your post could get lost in this one.

To start a new thread, go to the page you want to have a thread, at the top and bottom of the page there is a blue box which says...NEW THREAD. Click on that.

You will get an empty box up, Give your self a title, ie...AA99 -V- MBNA

Please have a read of this link (Thanks to sea-sidelady who helped me when I was new).

It has everything you will need to know to help you find your way around this site.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...i-dummies.html

Also please have a really good read around the site. As soon as you are ready, start your thread.

andy

Edited by old_andrew2007
typo

Thank you so much for that, I will do. As yet, I haven't left my pc, still reading through the threads - WOW - GREAT !!!!!! Am already feeling 'fired up'. It's been a living nightmare for the last 6 months. Poor old hubby went for a lie-down after trying to speak to MBNA 3 times in an hour on the phone! Sure he will feel better when I tell him I have found this group! Yes, will start the thread soonest and look very much to joining you all. Thank you so much. I dare say I may sleep better tonight! :)

AA99 - Hello:)

As has been mentioned, you need to start a thread so you get answers specific to you, otherwise you can be lost at the end of a thread.

Until you get a thread going though....

They're not nice people, they really don't care what they say to you. Multay is right, say you're recording any conversations. If you have Skype, can you answer on that and actually record them? We've bought a cheap recorder that can be attached to the phoneline and automatically records any conversations (Olympus I think, about £30 from Argos). Seeing as they've started phoning OH again I think it's about to come into its own - we're aiming to see how many times we have to tell them 'in writing only' before they hang up;). I refuse to not answer my own phone because of them, but I certainly won't enter into any sort of discussion whatsoever, and never ever go through security. They can't carry on without their questions, and if they do they're in breach of the Data Protection Act (again, a recorder is very handy here - they've already done this once with hubbie).

When you send the letter above, make sure it goes by Recorded delivery and keep the slip as proof. Don't budge on the writing only. When we started we were flatly told (over the phone), that if we didn't sort it out there and then, we were stuffed. After the letter Multay has shown, we stopped getting calls. Well, 'till now at least:rolleyes:

Oh, and one other thing that several people have done (not me, I'm a big ol' wussbag), if your hubbie feels confident enough to - next time they're telling you they're a 'phone only bank', tell them he is a 'letter only man'. Repeat at will.

We're now 10 weeks down the line with them, and they're still not agreeing to a plan. However, as we simply could not afford the payments, I sent a letter initially with an I/E form attached, and when they came back saying they needed 4x what we could offer, I got hubbie to cancel the normal payment to them and start up the one we had offered.

They really don't like this, but if you don't have the funds to pay them, and it would be either to your detriment, or to the creditors who have agreed to a payment plan, it simply shows that you are doing your best to help the situation. This is important if they become litigious as you want to be seen as uber reasonable, whilst they have been belligerent ar*es.

HTH

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi Lexis200,

That is sound advice so I've clicked your scales, I've had an idiots at MBNA telling me they are a telephone Bank, one fool told me "we are an American Bank, so the rules don't apply", I asked to speak to her supervisor and asked if they would put that in writing, well they didn't but they did apologise on that occasion.

Great advice Lexis...

As has been said, stick with it kids...The DCA will tell you anything (it's my B'day soon and I just got a letter through in a purple envelope - Not b'day card though just more threats), but the more you know about your rights the less it will bother you!!!

I tend to come on here when I'm feeling less than confident and it really does give me a kick in the pants...:D

I've been reasonable and my Creditors haven't, so I'm fighting back using the same laws that they use to intimidate me...Now the boot is on the other foot they don't seem to like it..;)

Stay strong, check on here before you do anything and you will be just peachy...:p

If there's any support I can give (even if it's just moral) give me a shout..

M

Hello again, you wonderful people, gosh, we thought we were on our own!!! I have in fact already started my own thread under the MBNA one but need a quiet couple of hours in this morning to do some more reading, and make some more notes, but geez thank you all so very very much:)