MBNA letter - world record bullsh*t attempt?

ScarletPimpernel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Three 'heads of customer assistance' - do they battle daily to see who is the 'head for the day' or are we dealing with a multiple personality disorder? :D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they got an agreement SP? They sadly could not find mine:D

BANK CHARGES

Others

Have they got an agreement SP? They sadly could not find mine:D

They have an application form, and a credit card mailer, either or both of which constitute executed agreements, according to MBNA. The seem to think that any bit of paper will do - I wouldn't be surprised to find that the lavatory paper at Stansfield House has 'this is a credit agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974' printed on it.

:lol::lol::lol: - do you think it has 'now wash your hands' printed on the bottom as well?

BANK CHARGES

Others

They have an application form, and a credit card mailer, either or both of which constitute executed agreements, according to MBNA. The seem to think that any bit of paper will do - I wouldn't be surprised to find that the lavatory paper at Stansfield House has 'this is a credit agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974' printed on it.

Not in use at Stansfield House - it has been sent out to us under the guise of a response to a S78 request!

Hello Left Hand this is Right Hand - Nothing heard - Out

Well I must say, I'm rather jealous! I have never received a letter from a Credit Card co. or DCA in any other colour other than black :mad: Quite frankly I'm bored, and I think that pink would make a refreshing change.

I like how it says, "Let me get right to the point" Isn't a later line in this particular song... "Hey big spender!" :rolleyes:

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p

Subscribing!

Received the same application form with adverts on back, current T&Cs. I wrote back and told them it would not do, their reply was virtually the same as SPs' They won't be getting another penny!!:p

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

I like how it says, "Let me get right to the point" Isn't a later line in this particular song... "Hey big spender!" :rolleyes:

Indeed. The piece of music that most reminds me of MBNA, however, is 'Dance of the Cuckoos'. Everything I get from MBNA is 'another fine mess'!

your letter is the same as mine...no cca yet.....

just very snotty letters and one where they are will to knock off £4k of debt as a settlement figure....ermmmmmmm i think i smell a rat...

well we shall still wait and see what happens....

And now, for your viewing pleasure:

MBNAfront-1.jpg

MBNAback-1.jpg

Well, MBNA, let me get right to the point:

You can send all the silly, patronising, American-stylee drivel you want, but without an agreement, it's not going to get you anywhere.

I'm sorely tempted to send a reply in the same style, but I suspect that it won't do much good. All it'll do is get them to send another cut 'n' paste response from some grandly-titled (Vice-president :)) office boy.

They have one thing right; I have imagined a life without credit cards, store cards and personal loans - and it's great!

What is it with these losers My wife got the same letter today:-o lol

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

• 2 weeks later...

piggybank.png wait til you see the next letter the pink pig making a guest appearance (money box)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/119883-mbna-new-tactic.html#post1224615

Tam Wing Chuen -v- Bank of Credit and Commerce Hong Kong Ltd [1996] 2 BCLC 69

PC

Lord Mustill Commonwealth,

Lord Mustill discussed the need to construe a contract contra preferentem: "the basis of the contra proferentem principle is that the person who puts forward the wording of a proposed agreement may be assumed to have looked after his own interests, so that if words leave room for doubt about whether he is intended to have a particular benefit there is reason to suppose that he is not."

These letters are in clear breach of OFT debt collection guidelines. I would send them directly to the OFT and complain. The pink pig letters I have seen before and they are a disgrace. Doesn't anyone actually look at this stuff and say, actually this isn't a good idea.

Why don't they cut the crap and start trying to really help people having problems repaying their debts. They should have a proper welfare team or something. Words fail me.

I think they are desperate Rhia.

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 4 weeks later...
Yesterday I received the famous pink pig letter. MBNA have ignored all my letters disputing the debt, but are now sending me unsolicited 'pre-approved' loan and credit card offers at the rate of 4 a week.

Time for FOS, I think.

piggybank.png

everything comes to he who waits

Tam Wing Chuen -v- Bank of Credit and Commerce Hong Kong Ltd [1996] 2 BCLC 69

PC

Lord Mustill Commonwealth,

Lord Mustill discussed the need to construe a contract contra preferentem: "the basis of the contra proferentem principle is that the person who puts forward the wording of a proposed agreement may be assumed to have looked after his own interests, so that if words leave room for doubt about whether he is intended to have a particular benefit there is reason to suppose that he is not."

Your assets may be possessed Assuming we can produce a properly executed CCA, can convince a Judge to issue a CCJ and assume that you wont pay this and the court instructs baliffs to seize property.

Mmm seem to fall at the first hurdel there MBNA:rolleyes: :D

• 3 weeks later...

MBNA continue to send a range of stupid letters, and are now sending email too. I note that some of the letters originate in the Republic of Ireland, though they all demand I call the usual number in Chester.

Amusingly, all the emails purport to come from MBNA's Irish office, though they are actually from Chester. Presumably, they think that because I live in Northern Ireland (though I'm English), I will be impressed by emails 'signed' by people with Irish names like Caoimhe and Tadgh - they clearly don't know much about NI!

Anyway, I set up my email client to bounce emails from mbna.com straight back with a nice little message about unsolicited spam; they started using mbna.co.uk and an address that couldn't be replied to - so now they get deleted automatically.

MBNA are becoming tiresome now, so I am drafting a letter summarising all the complaints they have not responded to, the disputes they've ignored, and their many breaches of regulations.

• Haha 1

Amusingly, all the emails purport to come from MBNA's Irish office, though they are actually from Chester. Presumably, they think that because I live in Northern Ireland (though I'm English), I will be impressed by emails 'signed' by people with Irish names like Caoimhe and Tadgh - they clearly don't know much about NI!

ROTFPMSL:D