unpaid dd lloyds

michealo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

I'm new to this forum and the UK :)

I have direct debit set-up with paypal.

In August 2007 there wasn't enough money on my current account to cover one of my paypal payments. So I transffered them from my savings account next day. 3 days later paypal charged me successfully that amount again.

Yesterday Lloyds charged my account with £35 unpaid direct debit fee.

1 question: was it fair to do so ?

2 if not: would I be able to make claim ?

Hi Michealo and welcome to the forum :) no a charge of £35 is not fair and yes you can claim it back.

If its only a single charge I would first try asking your local branch to reverse it, if they refuse write to them and start a claim to recover your money.

here is the thread telling you how :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/13664-welcome-all-newcomers.html

pete

• 2 weeks later...

is this the first time you have had a returned item charge? If it is they will probably refund it to you either before its due to debit or they will refund it to you with a warning that they will not refund any further charges in the next 12 months, as a good will refund. If you have had several charges they may refuse and pass you over to customer support unit who have wider powers of refund.

In the first instance I would either phone or got to local branch. If you don't get any joy then write as suggested above. FYI they have changed their charges strucure as from 1st Nov 2007. Hope this might help!