Alf -v- A&L - MBNA - DEBT CLEAR - CABOT/RED - NOW CLARITY ON THE CASE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Can I just ask have you discussed with them a full & final settlement? Or are you unable to do this or will they not enter into discussion about one? Cheers

Not in a position to offer F & F.

Made offer of payment to MBNA, didn't want it, so tough, Cabot will never get a penny out of me

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that

Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooce's success's so far:

Capital One - 15% f & f saving £4,250

Barclaycard - 25% f & f saving £12,000

Blackhorse - reduced loan settlement saving £1,605

Cahoot - 15% f & f saving £2,740

MBNA - 20% f & f saving £26,800

Lloyds TSB 28% f & f saving £7,377

Total written off to date: £54,772!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally i think anything goes with white.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hiya Alf

Just been reading your thread with great interest - it seems we both have the same issues with MBNA regarding old A&L cards - mine was taken out 1993.

We have been defaulted within about 14 days of each other - you got a DN notice, I didn't, your debt has been passed around like a hot brick, mine hasn't - if fact I've no idea what's going on with my debt as I got no DN and no termination letter.

my thread is here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/81907-mbna-ding-ding-round-8.html#post2730031

I also received the same drivel as you and MBNA swore blind that the application was legible event though it couldn't be read - same as yours.

However, I got TS involved and they said it's not legible - MBNA then sent a clearer version and yes, you could read it but no prescribed terms just recent T&Cs.

I also told them no prescribed terms and they then sent me an old photocopied page (with half the page missing btw) of T&Cs from 1995 and told me this is 'similar to what I would have recieved' and it was my fault as I should have kept hold of them on the original application.

So, I have 3 different dates from March 07 through to Sept 07 when they 'complied' with my CCA request (b****cks).

My comms logs are also very similar to yours but I got mine from MBNA directly after a 3rd SAR request was sent.

So I have 3 dates by which they 'complied' with my request.

What I find so weird it that we both have 'old' A&L cards, both sold to MBNA, both defaulted within 14 days of each other and both treated completely different....

I've had to put these issues on the back burner due to other stuff going on but I'm back now and hoping to try and sort out my credit file (although I know this isn't going to be easy)

Anyways, if I can help in anyway please give me a shout - have a gander at my thread if you have time, as I've posted up loads of the letters I've sent and received back.

best wishes :)

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

• 3 weeks later...

Well Crapbot must be missing me.

Today I receive a special offer, knocking three and a half grand off the balance.

Wait a minute, thats not an offer? That just the original balance less all the interest you added without any right. (no it is actually £1500 less than original balance)

I have 30 days to accept. Mmmmmm let me see. Errr NO.

You would think by now that they would have got the message that no amount of offer or anything else on Crapbot headed paper will entice me to ring them. You got to admire their persistance

CabotOffer.jpg

Well Crapbot must be missing me.

Today I receive a special offer, knocking three and a half grand off the balance.

Wait a minute, thats not an offer? That just the original balance less all the interest you added without any right. (no it is actually £1500 less than original balance)

I have 30 days to accept. Mmmmmm let me see. Errr NO.

You would think by now that they would have got the message that no amount of offer or anything else on Crapbot headed paper will entice me to ring them. You got to admire their persistance

CabotOffer.jpg

What not even a offer that tells you they will cancel the debt will make u call them.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 1 month later...

Well Crapbot are finally coming to collect the doorstep.

Balance again increased by £149 since last month.

Are these 'statement of account' they are supposed to send out annually a legal requirement? I would be interested to see what this £2000+ they have added on to the original default sum are actually made up of.

Crapbot had this account since Jan 2009, I have never had one up to now.

Has anybody else had one of these doorstep letters?

Did anybody actually turn up?

Cabotdoorstepping.jpg

Dear Sir,

I am in receipt of your letter dated 22nd March 2010.

You advise that unless I contact you immediately, presumably by telephone, then you will be sending one of your agents to collect the debt you allege I owe ?

Bearing in mind that you do not have my permission for this person to call at my home, how does this work exactly? Will he break the door down and remove my possessions ? Perhaps he will attempt to humiliate me in front of neighbours ?

Of course you will be aware that such attempts at intimidation are against OFT guidelines.

I have already advised, that all communication between us is to be via letter, this provides me with greater protection in the event of litigation.

Yours faithfully

Has this been assigned to Cabot then ?

Yes, around 2008 I think it was, some shake up of the consumer act.. they have to send the statement of account out at least every 12 months and it needs to be accurate.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Has this been assigned to Cabot then ?

Yes, around 2008 I think it was, some shake up of the consumer act.. they have to send the statement of account out at least every 12 months and it needs to be accurate.

No it was sold to Cabot Jan 09

I will need to find out why they haven't sent a statement.

After re-reading Cabot previous threat-o-gram in which they advised failure to take any positive action to settle the debt would result in them forwarding the account to;

'An external Debt Collection Agency'

or to;

'Commence legal action to recover this debt if your account meets our litigation criteria'

I would take it from their lastest threat of a doorstepper, that the alledged debt DID NOT pass the 'litigation criteria',

as they have failed to mention anything further regarding legal action is their latest A4 drivel.

Does anyone know which external monkeys Cabot use in the South West?

I wouldn't want them to travel too far, as their journey is going to be a wasted one :D

"Thank you for calling and goodbye" is not going to impress the caller, so he will be out of pocket fuel wise :p

But I didn't ask for any visitors, so will not be welcoming any ;)

After re-reading Cabot previous threat-o-gram in which they advised failure to take any positive action to settle the debt would result in them forwarding the account to;

'An external Debt Collection Agency'

or to;

'Commence legal action to recover this debt if your account meets our litigation criteria'

I would take it from their lastest threat of a doorstepper, that the alledged debt DID NOT pass the 'litigation criteria',

as they have failed to mention anything further regarding legal action is their latest A4 drivel.

Does anyone know which external monkeys Cabot use in the South West?

I wouldn't want them to travel too far, as their journey is going to be a wasted one :D

"Thank you for calling and goodbye" is not going to impress the caller, so he will be out of pocket fuel wise :p

But I didn't ask for any visitors, so will not be welcoming any ;)

It will be something along the lines of the Cornish Union of Numpty Tosspots.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

LOL fred.

LOL fred.

Hi Godmother. Years ago, I went out with a girl who worked for Commercial Union and played for their netball team. No joke. They didn't print the tracksuit tops!!

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

This is ambiguous. It says "We will be calling". This does not say if they will be arriving on your doorstep or if they will be phoning ?

It is a way of getting you to contact them.

If they turn up on your doorstep. Just tell them to go away.

If they phone, then either let your answer phone pick up the call or if you answer. Again tell them you do NOT discuss your financial affairs over the phone, refuse to go through security and hang up.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well doubt they will be phoning, they never have in the past 14 months, so presume they don't have the number or I am sure I would have been called.

Their previous later refers to 'external field agents' calling to collect the debt. But as you say could be 'phone' calling or 'visitation' calling.

I might send them an email warning them their contact/visit is futile as I am discussing nothing on the phone or on the doorstep.

Rather odd phone call about 7pm tonight.

Withheld number which I don't normally answer, but did on this occassion.

Bloke said "is that mr alf"

yes..

I am just checking if you recieved my letter saying I will be calling to see you on XX april.

I said not had any letter saying anybody is calling.

He said, it should be with you soon. but I am comfirming I will be visiting you on XX april.

I said what is the purpose of your visit and who are you.

He said "I will explain it all to you when I visit.

He put the phone down then

Cheeky F**ing Bas***d if this is some C**t from Cabot

• 2 weeks later...

Well its gone 9pm. Nobody turned up from Crapbot for the doorstep as promised.

Customer service is terrible these days. I will complain in the morning that I lost £200 wages staying at home all day waiting for their collection agent.

cabotdoorstepdate.jpg

More rubbish from the West Malling Muppits this morning.

Dated the day the doorstep collector was supposed to be visiting/calling which never happened.

A special offer of 30% off.

What part of

"take it before a judge or go away"

do these people not understand?

Yet another £100 added to the balance since last months begging letter.

No reply to

"Where is my annual statement you are obliged to send me" or an explanation as to where in the non existant agreement it allows them to continue to add interest/charges or what even has increase the alledged debt by £3000 since January 2009.

I thought they would have got bored with it by now and enlisted the help of a lower form of life to try and collect on it? But as they 'own it' maybe they are unable to find anyone stupid enough to purchase it.

Cabot30offer.jpg

Alf,

Put in an invoice for time off work and any extras like tea and biccies that you bought in for their visit. :rolleyes:

BCOBS

This is typical of Cabot, a steady feed of settlement offers alternated with threats and then back to the beginning of the cycle with the Hello introduction letters.

They're just trying to wear you down, and they're never going to succeed. Keep up the good work:D:D:D.

Alf, I can't believe this is still going on for you and Mrs Alf and now you have the lovely Crapbot, dealing with these on behalf of my OH, sometimes I reply to them, sometimes not, it has gone from them to one of their other companies Fire, Robinson Way and back again, I have found the following which was provided by my local TS to be very helpful when replying. By the way with MBNA as you know they also kept quoting the incorrect account number and I pointed this out to Judge plus their use of Clause 3 which did not match the clause in their so called agreement, they turned up in court with a further blank application form and "agreement", so it was game over! By the way its post 69 of the link that is useful:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/196114-miss-muppet-mbna-costs-4.html