**WON** HSBC gave full refund

r710
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a secure email asking for a copy of the credit agreement regarding an old loan of my husbands (on his behalf).

Received the agreement at no cost where he had signed agreeing to the PPI. He has alway said that they told him he couldn't have the loan unless he had their PPI.

Sent the template letter 3 weeks ago asking for it to be refunded on the basis of it being mis-sold. A week later he received a standard reply.. they were going to investigate... could take up to 8 weeks..etc.

Well today he received a letter offering a full refund of the PPI payments plus interest, amounting to £3449.92 !!!!

The letter states that the records they hold in relation to this are incomplete. "Although there is no evidence to suggest that you were mis-advised, as I am unable to confirm whether or not the product recommended was suitable for your requirements I will uphold your complaint."

Cannot believe it was that easy. 1 email, 1 letter and the cost of it being sent recorded delivery.

Am amazed and very relieved to be getting it back. My thanks to this site and MSE. I would never have known about it nor had the guts to go for it otherwise.

Hopefully this success will spur someone else on in their claim.

I sent a secure email asking for a copy of the credit agreement regarding an old loan of my husbands (on his behalf).

Received the agreement at no cost where he had signed agreeing to the PPI. He has alway said that they told him he couldn't have the loan unless he had their PPI.

Sent the template letter 3 weeks ago asking for it to be refunded on the basis of it being mis-sold. A week later he received a standard reply.. they were going to investigate... could take up to 8 weeks..etc.

Well today he received a letter offering a full refund of the PPI payments plus interest, amounting to £3449.92 !!!!

The letter states that the records they hold in relation to this are incomplete. "Although there is no evidence to suggest that you were mis-advised, as I am unable to confirm whether or not the product recommended was suitable for your requirements I will uphold your complaint."

Cannot believe it was that easy. 1 email, 1 letter and the cost of it being sent recorded delivery.

Am amazed and very relieved to be getting it back. My thanks to this site and MSE. I would never have known about it nor had the guts to go for it otherwise.

Hopefully this success will spur someone else on in their claim.

Hello and well done

Excellent news for you, the right time of the year near xmas.

Can you let us know what bank/institute it was

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Congratulations r710:)

Yes it has definately spurred me on. I am at the moment putting together a letter to ask for my PPI which I believe was mis-sold to me by the Halifax. Hope I am as lucky and successful as you, well done:lol:

Hello and well done

Excellent news for you, the right time of the year near xmas.

Can you let us know what bank/institute it was

HSBC?:)

If my post has been helpful please click the scales below my username

Well done R710, Thanks for letting us know...

The clue is in the Title Hellhasnofury...lol :p

Sorry Sandbro.. I know when you get to our age our eyes aint what they used to be..lol (I expect a slapping now..lol) ;):D

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.