The HSBC off topic and talking about silly stuff type thread :-)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today is Sorry Charlie Day

When : Always on April 6th

Have you ever been rejected? For anything? Sure you have! We all have. Sorry Charlie Day is for all of us who have been spurned, and yet somehow survived it.

Take a minute today and reflect upon a past dejection. Then, smile with the realization that "_ _ it happens....to all of us!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is No Housework Day

When : Always April 7th

No Housework Day is your chance to do anything, except housework. Better still, have someone else do the chores for a day. Housework is a daily, seemingly endless and repetitive groups of tasks. It often goes unrecognized and worst of all..... taken for granted. But, watch out! If the dishes aren't done, or there's no clean towels, somebody takes note.

There's two ways to celebrate this day:

If you normally do the housework around the house, cease and desist for this day. Instead, kick back and enjoy the day. Relax and do anything, except housework.

If you are a spouse or significant other, do the housework for your mate. It gives her (or him) a break from the housework. And, you just might get an appreciation of how much work it takes to keep up the house.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

Why is that PD? Is it because they get intimidated by your height with heels on? :D

Today is Draw a Picture of a Bird Day

bird1.jpg

When : Always April 8th

Draw a Picture of a Bird Day is a special day for young bird lovers who like to draw. It doesn't matter whether you are young, or not so young. If you like to draw, then today is a day to draw pictures of a bird or two, or three, or.......

Ready boys and girls? Grab some crayons. Now, open up your curtains and look for some birds. Once you spot a nice one, start drawing. Make sure to autograph your picture. You never know, your work may one day become famous!

You can draw a pic of your birds Pete :D

Today is Name Yourself Day

When : Always April 9th

Name Yourself Day is your chance to give yourself whatever name you'd like...for a day. If you like your name, then change your name for just today. If you don't like your name, use today to select a new name for life!

Participating in Name Yourself Day is simple and easy. Go ahead, give it a try. Change your first, or middle, or last name. Or, change them all. Give yourself a cool and catchy nickname. Once you've selected your name, you've gotta communicate it to all of your family and friends. This could prove to be the hard part. It will likely take time for your new name to catch on.

• Haha 1

Especially for Crusher ;)

Today is Big Wind Day

When : Always April 12th

Big Wind Day commemorates the highest wind speed ever recorded on the planet. Can you guess where? No, it wasn't in the middle of a hurricane or a tornado.

On April 12, 1934, the staff of the Mount Washington Observatory recorded the highest surface wind ever measured, anywhere on earth. This big wind was officially recorded at 231 miles per hour. Imagine the difficulties of even making a recording under those conditions back then!

Will this record ever be broken? Perhaps, but until then, enjoy Big Wind Day.

Not the "Big Wind" you expected- - When talking to the family about documenting "Big Wind" day, family members teased "quick everyone, get out of the room!"

Today is International Moment of Laughter Day

When : Always April 14th

International Moment of Laughter Day is a special day that will put a big smile on your face. The objective of this day is to get people to laugh, and to laugh more often. After all, "laughter is the best medicine".

Moment of Laughter Day is also known as National Moment of Laughter Day, and plain old Moment of Laughter Day. We don't care whether you celebrate today as a local, national, or international day. What's important is that you bring about laughter (and happiness) to those you come in contact with today.

To celebrate this special day, simply tell jokes or do funny things that cause people to laugh. A smile is not a good enough reaction. Successful participation in this day results in whole-hearted laughter.