Tumble Dryers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon my lovelies, my mum wants a tumble dryer for her birthday, firstly she has no floor space so it will be going on a counter top, this presents a few problems.

A) she is disabled and cant reach the window to pop out a vent so needs to have a condenser model

B) she wont be able to reach up to adjust the settings.

so my question to you all is, does anyone know of a dryer manufacturer that has the controls on the side or the bottom of the machine?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Your week is going from bad to worse Lula :eek:

And it's only Monday !!!

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

LOL, it isnt getting any easier is it?

But, on reflection, I have spoken to her and if she puts the vent in the sink and opens a window, she could even have the extractor working and that should be ok, AND, i told her to measure up from the top of the surface to how high the washing machine is, and she can actually reach up that high, so that is a bit of a releif, cos I dont beleive that she would have looked after a condenser in the way that it would need to be looked after lol

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

and correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a condenser dryer need plumbing in as well, which would be difficult on top of a worksurface:confused:

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Afternoon my lovelies, my mum wants a tumble dryer for her birthday, firstly she has no floor space so it will be going on a counter top, this presents a few problems.

A) she is disabled and cant reach the window to pop out a vent so needs to have a condenser model

B) she wont be able to reach up to adjust the settings.

so my question to you all is, does anyone know of a dryer manufacturer that has the controls on the side or the bottom of the machine?

cant you turn it upsidedown?

If someone could put the tumble dryer onto the correct settings for your mum a couple of times a week ie: 'her carer' you could buy a remote control timer plug and that way, all she would need to do is put in the washing/close the door, then turn on using the remote. This way she could use it when she needed to use it.

just a thought....