MBNA Charges and PPI

mixman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.Can someone give me advice please. I have put one claim in for PPI and a seperate claim for Unfair Credit Card Charges.

I provided all information to MBNA of every charge on my credit card from 1998 till 2008.

I have recieved a letter this morning basically telling me their charges were clear and fair,and they are not obliged to refund any fees charged more than 6 years ago.Their fees are fair,legal and transparent,and are consistent with the OFT,s guidelines.

What shall i do next,please

Hello.Can someone give me advice please. I have put one claim in for PPI and a seperate claim for Unfair Credit Card Charges.

I provided all information to MBNA of every charge on my credit card from 1998 till 2008.

I have recieved a letter this morning basically telling me their charges were clear and fair,and they are not obliged to refund any fees charged more than 6 years ago.Their fees are fair,legal and transparent,and are consistent with the OFT,s guidelines.

What shall i do next,please

I'd start your own thread on this issue.

You will probably have to sue to get the charges back

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks for your reply IMS. I am unemployed and in no financial situation to be able to take banks to court.It is tough enough affording postage prices,photocopying etc.but thankyou anyway

Ok I've created a new thread for you.

If you are in financial hardship then there you would probably get remission on the court fees to issue against them.

You would not need a solicitor to do this for you....you can sue them and represent yourself and we can help you through that process.

Have a read around the bank forums here and see what others are doing to get the unlawful charges back through court.

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

:thumb:

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Good Morning.This morning i have had an offer on the PPI part of my claim.This is a piece taken from my letter.

Total amount of Payment Protection Ins Premiums charged since sale date £1,306.72.

Total amount of associated interest £866.99.

Applicable 8% interest -Note any 8% interest payment has been paid gross and is potentialy taxable.Therefore you need to inform HMRC of this amount £1,415.20.

TOTAL AMOUNT PAYABLE £3,590.91.

So could you please tell me how much i will recieve.Is it £1,415.20 or £3,590.91.

Thankyou

Their letter seems to indicate that they will be paying the 8% gross so your award is £3,590.91 less any amount that is due to be set against the card balance (if they choose to do this).

Yoiur 8% interest should be declared to HMRC

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Thankyou once again IMS.I guess it is the PPI and the late fees and overdraft fees that i worked out via this excellent site.MBNA stated they weren,t going to pay any late fees,but have now decided to give up.

Donation to the site will be given as soon as payment recieved.

• 4 weeks later...

Mixman...I am claiming on behalf of an elderly gentleman..with his authority i might add..

.but please tell me ....his claim for PPI goes back to around 1998 when he opened up 3 different accounts/loan agreements...he is claiming fro those PPI's which were never even mentioned at the time of agreement only to find out that they were added to his loan agreement..

The agreements were all paid up by end of 2004...will there be any probs in claiming bearing in mind these will be PRE-2005..

I ask u because your agreement/s were made at around same time and your claim for PP is made at about same time too approx NOW!!!

The only docs he has given me are his statements of account which clearly show PPI.. and his loan ACCT NO:.should I send a copy of those in with a letter..will they b able to locate POLICY and REF NO's with just that piece of document..

What did you do and what probs did u have?

Many Thanks

Can u advise me...:-)

M2AE

I signed up to an MBNA credit card in 1998.They closed my account in 2008,when i paid up my outstanding balance and told them i no longer wanted the card.

You have more information to go on than i did.I had no account number,no dates,times etc.

What i did,was download the standard claim form,giving little information PLUS i sent in a SAR as i found it would give me my account number,and showed all tranactions going back over the time i had used my card.You already have statements,account number etc,.In my opinion they should be able to locate policy and ref numbers if you send them the Account Number.

Once i recieved all 14 double sided pages of info MBNA were holding on me,I simply sent them a letter i put together saying thankyou for sending me the info,I would now like to reclaim ALL Payment Protection payments they had taken off me ALONG WITH all charges against me on the account,inc LATE FEES,OVER THE LIMIT FEES.

A couple of weeks later i got a letter to say that they were not obliged to nor feel it is appropriate to refund any fees which were more than six years old.

Four days later i recieved a letter stating they were paying me £3590.69.

You have nothing to lose by sending in copies of your details that you have.It may reap you the rewards you deserve.

• Haha 1

Mine were paid altogether.Although they did give me a breakdown of what was PPI and and what was credit card charges.

My wife had PPI and CC charges with Lloyds TSB .She recieved 2 seperate cheques £7000 in PPI on 3 loans and £5335 in CC charges going back over some years.In ten months between us we,ve recieved £20,097 in total.

My wife,like many others didn,t think she would get anything.I had to do her paperwork for her.

On Mothers Day she opened her cards from my kids,along with an envelope telling her she was getting the £5335.The other i rang her in her work,told her to sit down,and she burst into tears.

Best of Luck,and keep me posted.

• 4 weeks later...

Wrong thread sorry

Edited by Scrapper

"I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Scrapper vs MBNA Partial Settlement Success. Saved £13,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc PPI Reclaim Success £5,500 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclaycard Partial Settlement Success. Saved £6,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Tesco's FOS upheld complaint. Possible court action to get default removed

Scrapper vs Egg (Barclaycard) Awaiting FOS

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc Offered made & Refused. This means war :-x

Scrapper vs Barclaycard (Cabot) Waiting 4 years for CCA. Cabot advised irresolvable :lol:

Scrapper vs Intelligent Finance. Success

Scrapper vs Picture (Webb Resolutions) Success

Beginner's guide

Advice & opinions given by Scrapper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.