Trading Standards 'Good un or Bad un'

conar686
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This thread is purely for CAGers who have had advice, good or bad, from TS in respect of CCA complaints against OC or DCAs.

Lets not make it personal but use the thread to gauge the scope of advice received from TS accross the country and perhaps allow us to make our cases for investigation by this body more solid.

At the moment I get the feeling that unless you get a TS who fully understands the CCA you can forget making complaints as it just ends up in frustration

As an example have a look at my bun fight with my local TS from post 9165 plus various responses in Consumer Credit Act Agreements and continued on

Have you sent a CCA request to Aktiv Kapital?

Post your letters, emails or transcripts of telephone calls & lets see where this takes us.

The outcome, if this thread proves sufficiently well supported, is a letter to the Local Government Ombudsman Service (www.lgo.org.uk). providing them with the data collected.

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

I have found that the best advice from TS officers comes from the DCA liaisons. I suppose that's because they deal with the "shady world" on a regular basis.

And how do we find these strange beings

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

For anyone that is having problems with MBNA and Trading Standards, regarding their Consumer Credit Agreements.

Please click on the following link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/115323-complaint-re-chester-trading.html

Love

Angry Cat

There is growing evidence and support for a large complaint regarding responses by TS.

If you don't mind conar686, any info that can be provided to the above thread will assist greatly...

Thanks

Pers

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

I have posted here because the other thread deals with MBNA complaints and this seems to be a more general thread.

My local TS in Barking Essex, advised my creditor (Crap 1) that their copy of my application form with no prescribed terms was legitimate, and also that the telephone harassment was my own fault because I would not speak to them on the phone.

Even when speaking to the TS officer concerned they still insisted that my CCA application was good and legal, and I must answer the phone calls.

IDIOTS!!!!

To be fair after I explained to TS that I had spoken and written to Crap 1 and refused anything unless it was in written form, the TS changed their mind and wrote to Crap 1 telling them they were probably guilty of harassment.

Since then the calls have stopped, so fingers cross that will be it. So add my name to the complaints list and any further proof you need for the complaint, I will gladly pass on.

maggiebroom :)

I have posted here because the other thread deals with MBNA complaints and this seems to be a more general thread.

My local TS in Barking Essex, advised my creditor (Crap 1) that their copy of my application form with no prescribed terms was legitimate, and also that the telephone harassment was my own fault because I would not speak to them on the phone.

Even when speaking to the TS officer concerned they still insisted that my CCA application was good and legal, and I must answer the phone calls.

IDIOTS!!!!

To be fair after I explained to TS that I had spoken and written to Crap 1 and refused anything unless it was in written form, the TS changed their mind and wrote to Crap 1 telling them they were probably guilty of harassment.

Since then the calls have stopped, so fingers cross that will be it. So add my name to the complaints list and any further proof you need for the complaint, I will gladly pass on.

maggiebroom :)

Thanks Maggie

This seems a standard, where, we the consumer know more than the TS persons we deal with. However I am told that there are CCA experts available to them, my question is; why am I dealing with the 'buttons' when I should be dealing with the 'shirt' - silence so far.

Focus on a poor response from Trading Standards

Trading Standards - wht they do and what they don't do

COMPLAINT Re: CHESTER TRADING STANDARDS

It may be that I'll close this thread down as it would appear great minds think alike and there are a number of threads on the same subject e.g. above.

Perhaps a MoD can collect them all up & put them in one place in maybe the debt collectors part of the site

• 3 weeks later...

From Surrey TS

As previously mentioned, I did make contact with 1st Credit Limited in relation to the Northern Rock debt.

In the interim period since, I have been provided with details of

correspondence originating both from 1st Credit Limited and yourself.

I have noted comments made by both parties and conclude that this matter does not warrant further investigation. Despite 1C committing a statutory criminal offence and breaching guidelines in respect of chasing accounts in dispute.

It also appears that this dispute is in a stalemate position, and likely

only to be resolved via one party or the other taking appropriate civil

action should they choose to do so. Any action would then allow a judgement to take place citing all relevant facts in relation to the dealing between both parties. In other words its too difficult for me to understand so you guys just go to court to sort it out.

Thus I feel it is inappropriate for this Service to comment on the validity

of the copy document referred to by 1st Credit Ltd as being your executed loan agreement. Refuses to state whether the agreement is enforceable or not what a cop out.

Thank you again for contacted me regarding this matter. naff off you numptie

I've responded by stating a few obvious truths to him & requesting his complaints procedure.