chardonnay v's egg 'won'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just got letter saying egg are giving me £551 back (including interest charges)

process started on 23/5, they offerred £88, i refused using a letter on here - thanks- and then got back full amount.

many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone please give me a rough guide(which letters to use and in which order etc?) as to how I can go about claiming back charges from these parasites?

Thanks,I have had just about enough of them,paid £150 two days ago and my statement was today(and interest charges),and my payment hasn't cleared yet so I got charged as I went over limit.

Sick of it.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html

Egg have become so conciliatory in recent months that reclaiming charges and interest no longer requires expensive court form filling. They know the drill and ritual better than you, and nowadays want to waste time less than you. They just want to repay after going through 2 approved steps.

If you do need back statements, just a request written in plain English will do, £10 for the full (1-inch thick) set, or £5 for charges listing. The former will be better if you intend to reclaim interest accrued on unlawful charges at a debit interest rate which flucuated from time to time.

When you have your itemised reclaims listed or spreadsheeted, send a letter requesting refund of charges and interest, in plain English or using one of the template letters above. A template reply will come back, saying that Egg has reduced charges to £16 as specified by OFT, but that you have said the charges were unlawful without producing evidence.

For reply, the moc1982 template letter in V-E Day thread has worked for everybody else, this is the key letter. Once you have the statements, repayment takes but a week or so, going by recent experience.

If you are seeking full refund of only one charge, a letter in plain English will probably be sufficient, as proved the case for some.

Well I have accrued an extensive amount of charges over history of my Egg account(almost three years).

Would someone(ideally someone that has won against Egg)be so kind as to post..or PM me their opening letter?

I don't really know what jargon to use.

Thanks.

How ya doing Martin, ill try and point you in the right direction.

First things first, open your own thread, so you and everyone else can see your timescale and you can explain and request help directly associated with you. newthread.gif

Then you could have a look through here, to get more of an idea, the jargon you need to know, need how to use and need to know what the banks are replying with.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html

and

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/24031-frequently-asked-questions.html

Then when you have read enough and ya getting the hang of it, you can send your letters to Egg, or any other bank you wish to take on :) and believe me, this site is like Pringles, once you pop you can't stop :D

Anyway when you get to the letter stage there are templates that you can adapt for yourself here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

I cant stress how important it is, just to read threads and get a hang of it all. In the beginning i was only going to persue 2 of my creditors, since joining, im doing them all for numerous things, just on the knowledge i have picked up on here and also had my first win today wooohooooo:D

Good Luck with it :)

I am so sick of them,

I politely asked them to refund the charge as I had paid £150 pounds off the card,not knowing(I honestly wasn't aware of this)that your payment had to clear.

The next day I was hit with a fee,

and they sent me back a sanctimonious response which infuriated me.

I just stopped short of sending back an email telling them I was going to go through small claims to recover the money they have taken from me unlawfully.

Thanks for your input Wednesday.

PS....do I need ID to claim back from Egg?