Benham vs. Egg

benham3160
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Sent LBA to Egg last week for refund of £64 charges. Egg phoned me this morning, and I explained my siutation to the person on the phone, she did use the phrase "our penality charges are lawful" which I think is a contradiction. (Have Egg shot themselves in the foot here?)

So, they're not paying up!

grr...

Andy

Follow the appropriate process, and you WILL get your money.

Don't be afraid of taking it as far as court or the fact that it's a relatively small amount of money - I took them to court over £20 and they ended up having to pay out £52.02 after court fees and interest.

Go for it!

Yeah best of luck, reading through the other threads you'll get there in the end!

<(o.o)> Smackbat

:) Smile.co.uk - £4,400 WON 12/10/06

:)Smile.co.uk - £156 WON Feb 07

:)Smile.co.uk - £280 WON 25/06/07

:mad: Egg PLC - £3,420.72 - Defence filed 24/06/07

:? Alliance & Leicester - DPR Request sent

:? Woolich PLC - To Start

icon1.gif Re: V-E Day: Victory over Egg

..CAG Claimants 12 - Egg nil

----------------------------------------

Perhaps you could ever so politely ask Egg to explain why they refunded in full to 12 CAG claimants. Would they care to deny they did?

**WON!! YAY**

Received a letter this morning offering me a full refund of all charges, and that was before even going to SCC! Very happy, its only £64, but still I feel the money is MINE!

Just need to send letter back, how do I go about removing confidentiality clause?

Regards,

Andy

Dear Benham3160,

I have today refunded ££80 to your Egg Card Account, this refund will show in the next couple of days.

I have spoken to our Legal Team and they informed me that the confidentiality clause has been removed on this occasion.

If there is anything in this letter that you wish to discuss or needs further explanation please don't hesistate to contace me using the contact details at the side of this letter. Alternatively my direct number is 08007 834 393, ext. 6156.

Yours sincerely,

Ema Clayton

That entered my account this morning, and not a SCC case filed at all!

WON!

Regards,

Andy