Abbey

loufitz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I sent a letter to my bank about bank charges, I have recieved a letter back offering me £50 refund from a possible £1000! They have said they may close account if it goes to court and have sent me a leaflet about complain to financial ombudsman , I am sure this is the norm but any advice on what to do next ?

Louise

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/243-step-step-instructions.html

Hi Loufitz, The link above is a step by step guide on how to reclaim your money, dont let them intimidate you, have you opened a parachute account yet? that is something that you should do immediately.

Welcome and good luck, should you need any help there is always someone around here :-))

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Thank you, I have an account in another bank are people who are getting money back having accounts closed? I only have statements for the past 18 months so have only claimed that I should have asked for statements but was hasty and sent first letter. Never mind

Dont worry, you can start again with the DPA letter, send a cheque for £10 and then start the fun :-) People have be threatened with the closure of account, and I know of one or two that have had their accounts closed but only after aout 3 claims LOL. Seriously though, use your new account and if you are overdrawn it is probably best to make a token payment into it every month, also ask them (when you come to it) to post you a cheque or make a BACS payment to your new account, I think that I would advise you that if they ask for your cheque book and debit card back, you ignore them because it might be that they pay the money into your Abbey account and I bet you will have the devils own time trying to get it back again.

But, first things first, go to the template library and find the DPA letter and start from there, send them a cheque or postal order and send the letter recorded delivery to the MK address.

Take it from there

Best of Luck

Lula XX

• Confused 1

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

FWIW

I feel that if you are making a claim, part of the settlement is to determine how you want the money, irrespective of the state of your account.

They may refuse to settle if you dont pay off money from your account if overdrawn, but i certainly would want to be happy about how any money was paid and would want control over it if i possibly could.

If youre in any kind of debt management programme or similar then i think there is every reason for you to insist on payment in a form satisfactory to you. FWIW in the debt management plan i was in i had to treat all creditors equally and any large payments i was able to make would have been distributed pro rata to each of them.

Anyway on the issue of account closure, I think the banking code has something to say about that and you should search the forums for info. I think it will depend to a degree on how the account has been conducted too.

All just my opinion

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ya

Just thought people would be amused............I asked for statements for the past six years and have recieved the past 18 months worth of statements in 18 seperate envelopes, So this people is where our money is going!!Abbey said they cannot provide me with 6 yrs worth of statements but can give me details of transactions held on the microfiche, as I have no idea what this is please can somebody fill me in? does it mean I will get more statements?

Louise

Read the FAQs.

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

Click on the link below my signature.

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

Hello loufitz

The shABBEY will also tell you the sun is made from chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will tell you anything to stop you from claiming. The most important thing you do is to get the letters off to them in the correct sequence and stick to YOUR TIMETABLE!

If the 40 days are not up yet, send them the letter from alanfromderby' thread on the shABBEY forum 'Microfiche Argument'. Again, the shABBEY will send you a bog standard, computer generated reply.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/4031-abbey-microfiche-argument.htmlay

Don't do anything now, till the 40 days are up.

Once the 40 days are up, work out your charges on an estimate from the info you have, ie. The amount of charges over the 18 mths divided by 18, to give you an amount per month, then multiply this by 54, the amount of months you are missing. Put all this info you now have together to form your estimated schedule of charges, and send this off with a Prelim letter from the bank templates library. This gives them 14 days to refund you the amount you are asking.

After that you send the LBA, giving them another 14 days, then after that you take them to court!!!

Make sure you have a good read around this site as it will certainly open your eyes to what you are letting yourself in for.

Phil:)

This is only my personal, honest opinion!

Hi

I have another thread somewhere but have seemed to have lost it, clearly it does not take much to get me confused!

The letter was in reply to me complaining about charges and shabbey sayinf are we bothered?no! but said if I would like to complain any more they to go to the ombusman.

Louisex

Hi Lou, this is a standard letter, basically they are telling you where to go, just stick with your timetable, there are links to everything you need at the bottom of my sig, good luck

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

I have merged your threads to make it easier to follow your progress.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No problems. Hope you are OK now.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

hi all

Within 2 days of their time limit abbey have replied to ask for £10 for statements, I have however alreay sent this and have proof as they have thanked me for it! Any advice on what I should do next ? do I send a letter to say I have sent it or carry on and work and charges for 6 yrs from statements I have ?