All Guns Blazing Vs Mbna(abbey)

hermanthegerman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent a cca request to abbey in august.Their reply is as follows

Dear Herman,

Thank you for your recent request:I can confirm the following are enclosed

1.terms and conditions

2.Recent statement of account

As your account was previously with Abbey,you will need to contact them directly for a copy of your original application form,however for the avoidance of any doubt ,we would like to confirm that MBNA has responded in full to the request you made under S.78 and in any event your agreement remains valid and your obligation to repay remains intact.

Yours Sincerely

A Piers Morgan

My assumption is they have no agreement and are trying it on.Am off to read up on the act itself but any help here would be great:D

The 1983 regulations do allow them to respond to a request under s78(1) of the CCA 1974 with T&Cs and some other stuff. However, an application form will not do as it is a pre-contractual document - in fact it is an offence under the CCA to send an application form as a response to a s78(1) request (I believe).

However, if they resond with only the stuff allowed under the 1983 regs, that is not enforceable. THe only thing that is enforceable is a copy of 'the executed agreement' - ie an agreement with your signature and the T&Cs on the same page. It should also have a signature or equivalent of the someone authorised by MBNA/Abbey to so sign it (but I think it may be enforceable without that) (Under the 1983 regs they can send a 'fair copy' which is something else).

Should they take you to court, without a copy of the executed agreement thaey don't have a case.