CCJ Received in post today...PLEASE advise!!

A6er
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I dont know what all the panik is about i can almost gurantee that the bailiff is not going to turn up, my reputation is on the line. But file away anyway.

Hi Oh Boy!

I`m not panicking just hoping that everything goes my way.Also dont know what you mean by bailiff not turning up as its only a defence submittion at this stage.

Hi Tomterm

I will give the court a call first thing this morning,cheers for all your help.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Received a letter from Northampton Bulk Court saying that they have received my defence and that they have passed it on to the Claimant/Claimants Solicitors.They now have so many days in which to respond.

Apparently they can ask Judge for a stay but as they dont have any Signed Agreement/Notice of Assignment and have not responded to my requests for CCA, S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), and any paperwork they may have on me under the Civil Procedure Rules,I dont see how they can ask the Judge for anything!!!!.

What normally happens now,will this be kicked out by the Judge as they havent withdrawn the action or can this go even further down the line?

Cheers guys

Image00002.png

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Further Update,

Court received my defence on the 15th October and passed it on to MLS/JD Williams.

They now have 28 days to respond to my defence.

As I have heard nothing from them or the Court,and the 28 days are now well & truly passed,am I right in assuming that the CCJ application has been stayed by the Court?

I have been onto the MCOL website and there is nothing in the system that says MLS/JD Williams have replied to my defence,but neither does it say anything else such as the CCJ has now been stayed.

Any suggestions about what happens next gratefully received.

Cheers guys:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Um, you can call the court, but I think they still have time to respond to the defence. If, in a month or so they haven't done anything you should write to the court asking them to strike out the claim.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Um, you can call the court, but I think they still have time to respond to the defence. If, in a month or so they haven't done anything you should write to the court asking them to strike out the claim.

Hi tomterm8

As their 28 days has now passed I will call the Court and see whats next.I just assumed that the Court would inform me of the fact that MLS/JD Williams` time limit had passed and that a Stay was now in place.

If you remember,they never had the CCA,or DOA,and as the account was in dispute with Moorcrof it should never have been passed to MLS in the first place which gives the fact that they never had the legal authority to pursue this debt;although this did not stop them from issuing a CCJ claim via the courts!!!

Rather than getting a Stay granted by the Court can I now get the whole matter thrown out so I never have it hanging over my head again??

Cheers:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would just call the court, and wait a couple of weeks. in two weeks, PM me.

If wou write the court at this stage, the court will probably not do anything yet.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.