Cant get MOT done.Please help!

kingtrowel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been waiting 2 weeks for a brake light switch for my bike to come, which i need for the MOT. My MOT has now expired. Will i be prosecuted for no mot even if my bike is booked in for the test?

Please help its like torture not being able to go out in the 1st decent weather we've had this year!

Liam.

Kingtrowel

careful if you don't have an MOT & are unfortunate enough to have a prang your insurer, whilst they will meet 3rd party damages, will use the fact of no MOT to avoid paying for yours

Cheers, i'm only 3rd party anyway. BTW bike shops just rung, my parts here so i can get it sorted for the w/end.

No - although not recommended, the MoT isn't handled like SORNs, so whilst not ideal, providing you are taxed and insured you'll be OK. Of course, you'll not get a renewed tax disc unless there's a current MoT.

I'm not sure I follow this Buzby.

It is an offence to have a non-exempt vehicle on the public road without a valid MoT certificate in force. An offence that is easily picked up by ANPR.

The only journeys allowed (ie as an exempt vehicle) is to/from a test or to/from repair.

Kingtrowel

careful if you don't have an MOT & are unfortunate enough to have a prang your insurer, whilst they will meet 3rd party damages, will use the fact of no MOT to avoid paying for yours

Urban myth.

Most insurance policies require the vehicle to be roadworthy. No MoT does not equal unroadworthy.

If the insurance required an MoT, how can you take it to a garage to get one after expiry (say from SORN)

Inclined to agree - an MoT also holds that the car/bike was road-legal on the day of the test only. I do recall a company - I think it was Equity Red Star, who initially rejected a claim because the insured had overlooked that the MoT had expired although everything else was in order, basically it was part of their process to disallow claims wherever possible, The Insurance Ombudsman disagreed, and they paid out.