Yes Insurance Services

BerryN
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone dealt with them before?

We have just finished a years car insurance policy with them - they took payments on the wrong days from my bank account - they would take/request double payments from my bank without permission or even notifying me of their intentions. They were very very rude on the phone and due to complications with bank payments (it is my bills account and there is only a certain amount of money in there every month and then what ever is left goes into savings).

I ended up paying them way over the odds as they kept adding £20 charges for non-payment when it was their fault which they acknowleged on numerous occasions but they use a computerised system so they can't remove the charges even if they deemed them unfair.

Also - because of them we had about £200 in charges from the bank due to them taking double payments which would bounce other SO's and DD's ...

What can I do to get some of my money back or at least give them a swift boot up the a**e??

Go about recovering the £20 admin charge as you would the bank fees. This £20 charge is a fee for the breach of contract

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

Complain in writing following the companys complaints procedure, when an insurance company set up a direct debit agreement with you, you can normally choose which date you pay the direct debit however you need to be aware of the following -

wrong day? bear in mind that this could be taken AFTER the correct date, for example weekends and bank holidays a payment may not have being taken and taken on the next available date, this is perfectly legal and it's then down to you to ensure the money is there.

if it's any other scenorio, i.e a double payment taken the month after or they go in again as the first direct debit rejected - They MUST inform you in writing under the direct debit agreement - Did you not recieve any letters? or make any agreements over the phone with them? if not then they have broken that agreement.

Gather all you evidance including proof of charges incurred from your bank charging you, if they have made errors then as a goodwill gesture they may refund your charges,

As for them saying they can't remove charges if they are system generated? maybe the advisor just doesn't have the authority, If you complain and escalate it ( threaten them with fsa) I'm sure they'll refund you pretty quick!

just ensure your charges were NOT because they were taken AFTER the correct date as this could be deemed as your error ( when asking them to refund you any bank charges) I would also question there charges, like cancellation fees the FSA may not deem them to be lawful

The main problem was when they screwed us by taking a double payment without notifying us they were going to take two payments which left not enough money in the account to pay other bills so their DD's / SO's bounced and we didn't know until we got the statements. This then got us LOADS of charges from the bank and all the people who didn't get their money still needed their money with added charges because of YES. We were then screwed for the next fews months and had a few payments bounce ie: YES. They would then take money from the account on a seperate day and we would then receive a letter about 6 days after they had taken the payment notifying us they were going to take the payment thus leaving us in a pickle all over again!!!! as it bounced things as we didn't put the money in to cover that and everything else. This was all caused by their initial taking 2 payments in one. we NEVER received a letter to tell us this was happening and they even said on the phone that they hadn't sent a letter to tell us but they were wuite within their rights to do whatever they like...... HMPH

they are NOT in there rights to do whatever they want in a relation to a direct debit agreement ( rest of the insurance - maybe if it's outlined in doxs!) Most direct debits are AUDDIS agreements, changes to payments/dates they MUST inform you in writing WITH NOTICE.

as I said before I'd complain in writing and escalate it all the way, they may then compensate you as "goodwill" some co will probably say no to your bank charges others will pay these as well. I've just checked Yes car terms, it does state that they have an administration charge for re submitted payments ( when the first one is rejected) I'm not sure what the FSA would say about that if it went all the way.

ok. I need to ring and ask for their complaints procedure then don't i?

if you still have a policy booklet it will be outlined in there.. if you haven't then yes, phone them and ask for a telephone number and address for their complaints department and go from there, don't be put off if you get a no first off just escalate it all the way

found one - 0870 160 25 36 ..............on hold at the moment.......... they don't have a cpmplaints procedure booklet to send to me. If I just write a letter to their customer relations department they will deal with it.