Urgent Info Needed To Confirm A Bank Leak

finlander
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

crfx250.... I'm not trying to get anyones hopes up I'm just reporting what was said to a friend of mine who has a friend who works as a manager a lloyds. I thought it may help to see if anyone else hears anything. Information is half the war but if people don't want any snippets heard then I will shut up!

:mad:

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

POST THE LETTER AND SIGN THE PETITION AT POST 88 ON THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE OFT TO INVESTIGATE THE CRA'S

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-campaign-oft-against-unfair.html

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and the OFT may have statatutory powers but have done s*d all up to now to make the banks legally accountable and have been lead by the nose by them . The action currently underway was started by the banks so I dont think we can rely on the OFT going all Elliot Ness and rocking any boats if the bank decided to withdraw and repay the charges.

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

POST THE LETTER AND SIGN THE PETITION AT POST 88 ON THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE OFT TO INVESTIGATE THE CRA'S

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-campaign-oft-against-unfair.html

I'll believe it when I see it.

In the meantime I just hope you don't get too many peoples hopes up.

I have to agree with the above quote.

Time is something we have had to spend in the past. Spend a bit more time and lets see what happens.

The waiver review is the first milestone.

Then 14 January 2008.

They are definites. The rest is well intentioned and hopeful speculation. Much as I would like to believe it was true.

I don't personally think this is true but if it were why would your contact at the OFT know anything about it anyway?

To be fair I just said he didn't know, not that he should know. I'm just

trying to inject a bit of realism into the debate.

The OP also claimed that his ''mate'' heard that the banking industry had put by 3.5bn to settle claims - how would anyone know that?

MAYBE..BUT WHEN HAS ANYTHING THEY HAVE DONE MADE SENSE!!

It's always been about delaying and perhaps this is surrender on their terms... not the oft and the judges.

we have always said they have no case !... so what makes us think they ever thought they had one. It sounds so unexpected that it may be true!...

I won't hoild by breath but I wont be gob smacked if it does happen either. This way they look generous. Imagine the staement

'we at lloyds recognise that some of our charges may have been seen as unfair and todey we agreed to withdraw from the test case and reimburse those customers he feel that the charges on their account may have caused them some hardship..blh blah blah...'

three cheers for lloyds ..our heros:-?

hi,the wording in your quote is very important i think.

by the way hope the story s true.

what ever happens now or in future,

the amount of money paid by banks re,bank charges will be nothing compared to the payout for damages re.i think tom brennen.how peoples lives have been ruined because of charges.

if people can prove charges have effected their lives in the negative,eg.

divorce,

unable to start buisness,

many examples due to bad credit history imposed because of charges.

this is what banks will be working on ,a deal,with the right wording.

it will mean everthing.

perhaps thats why this bank may pre emp oft.with the wording you used,

we recognise that some customers feel our charges are unfair,and today we are withdrawing from test case.we will refund all previous charges.

still not admitting .bet their paying millions for someone to come up with right wording for them.

without judgement against them damages will be impossible to get. they know this so perhaps the story may be true.like it was said damage limitation,but trying to look good.

tez.

hmm im sceptical on this ,, believe it when i see it kinda thing ,, although is a nice thought Finlander , and if your friend is right lets hope other banks follow suit , i just sent in judgement re halifax so im awaiting outcome , so if this true it will save lots of peeps out there a lot of trouble .

regards :)

MONEY SAVING ADVICE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC20:1:05

Mr Gregory Campbell Mr Nigel Dodds Mr Jeffrey M. Donaldson Bob Spink Mr Mike Hancock Mr Roy Beggs* 6

That this House commends the activities of those persons and groups dedicated to assisting members of the public get value for money in purchases, insurance, overdrafts and mortgages; and recognises that money saving experts like Martin Lewis at Money Saving Expert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more provides, on a not-for-profit basis, an incentive for ordinary consumers to pressurise large providers and financial institutions to hold down prices to the general public.

YOU MIGHT FIND THIS INTERESTING I JUST SAW THIS ON THE MSE SITE IN THE EARLY DAY MOTIONS OF PARLIAMENT?

Hi Finlander - I'm glad you posted the story. I know it may or may not be true - but part of the reason I come to this forum is to get gossip like this. I'll take it with a pinch of salt - but please post more info if you can get any.

Cheers :-)

A £35 pound bank charge is not a charge for a service. Its theft.

There is one interesting thing about this story: The fact that the bank named is Lloyds makes it more likely to have a ring of truth about it.

HSBC, RBOS or Barclays are too global in scale to move this fast or to green light an idea like this that breaks from the pack. Clydesdale/Yorkshire is just too greedy. Abbey has just been taken over by Santander (Abbey is actually in a big mess internally - Abbey probably should give up and turn over a new leaf but their new Spanish owners need to get their cash back so movement is unlikely soon)

But Lloyds.......UK only.....large branch network.....owns Scottish Widows (so needs to keep customer trust to sell life & investments). A big part of their strategy is cross selling. They could also do with increasing market share........put it this way....if anyone is going to do it....it will probably be Lloyds.

Ha Ha,

Do you think she fell out of her chair with shock that you had 'found them out' or just shock a hearing such an audacious rumour?

Or the possibly shock at losing all the lovely legal billing.

Ahhhh - it wasn't Sechiari Clark and Mitchell was it - damn they are up there with Abbeys lawyers for dirty tricks.

She was a bit taken aback with the rumour. She's just called me back

and very helpfully asked me if I wanted the confirmation of a partner. It turned out she thought I has a hack and asked what publication I was

from. When I responded with ''I'm just a bloke, luv'', she suddenly lost

interest.

lol bet she nearly blew a gasket , to funny well at least we now know there may have been nothing in the Llodys giving up thing ,, would of been nice though :)

I'm not saying it's a detinitive answer to whether it's true or not but

just another nail in the coffin really

We all know how rumours circulate and are often not accurate, but there is often something that lies behind them. Finlander was purely passing on what he was told, in good faith, for which I'd like to thank him/her.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

News about the OFT action was not leaked, and i doubt news of a banking defeat would be leaked. The information is stock market sensitive, and this can carry a severe penalty.

That said, its a great rumour, and i can't wait to tell my friends. :)

[COLOR=#2e8b57][B][SIZE=1][U]Claimed & won so far[/U]:-[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen][U]Banks[/U]:- NatWest Personal £1000, Natwest Business £2000, Lloyds TSB Personal £1500, [U]Mortgages[/U]:-Central Capital (PPI) £500, Natwest MEAF £140 [/COLOR][COLOR=#2e8b57][U]Credit cards[/U]:- HSBC Gold card £365, Capital One £599.55 Barclaycard £1070 ( i only aske for £700) , Lloyds £500 [U]Catalogues[/U]:- Littlewoods Direct Flex Account £60 :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][B][U]For Friends[/U][/B]:- Natwest £1500, £1800 & £500, Cap One £600, Barclaycard £400, Solutions £100, Aqua, £105.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][B][U][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Pending:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=1]Barclays Bank Personal (On hold - Thanks a lot OFT) :mad:.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

I couldn't agree more Techspec. Any decision of this magnitude would never get beyond the boardroom and certainly not to someones mate. Lloyds share price would plummet.

I think we can put this rumour firmly away where it belongs. In the ''where are they now?'' file