Iqor Recovery Services

stukaz19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I recently received letters from legal & trade debt collection agency demanding payment on behalf of the c.s.a, i was given advise on a letter to write to them and i thought that would be the end of the matter.

They have now reinvented themselves as iqor recovery services and have now been back in touch demanding the money again, the debt in question started in 1980 and about 1996 the c.s.a wrote to me saying that they were not persuing the case any longer(is this legal after dropping the case?).

Can anyone tell me if the debt should be legally expired......thanx

The CSA are a complete shower. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

Did the CSA actually say they were DROPPING the case as opposed to NOT Pursuing it at that time. I would write to the DCA asking for proof of the alleged debt along with their right to collect it. That should buy you some time to get sorted

Do you still have the letter from the CSA stating they are not pursuing the case?

Hi Tiglet, unfortunatly i do not have the letter as i felt no need to keep it at the time....the c.s.a have changed hands so many times and it seems theres a lack of communication between them , so there just reopening old cases..

Hello, I recently received letters from legal & trade debt collection agency demanding payment on behalf of the c.s.a, i was given advise on a letter to write to them and i thought that would be the end of the matter.

They have now reinvented themselves as iqor recovery services and have now been back in touch demanding the money again, the debt in question started in 1980 and about 1996 the c.s.a wrote to me saying that they were not persuing the case any longer(is this legal after dropping the case?).

Can anyone tell me if the debt should be legally expired......thanx

Debt from 1996 ? Statute barred by 5 years!!!

Just hate every DCA out there

Debt from 1996 ? Statute barred by 5 years!!!

mmm possibly although I thought that only applied to CCA debts and if the CSA were chasing the OP for old debts he probably should still be paying them.

BTW I hate thne CSA

I believe that statute barring does not apply to CSA demands. As stated, they can collect it from your salary/benefits or whatever. I was put in a similar situation: CSA came claiming 'arrears' 2 years after they cancelled my file (long story!) When I objected to this, they immediately passed my file to a company called Eversheds, who threatened to implement a deduction of earnings order if I didn't pay. Since I'm not actually able to work at the moment, I invited them to try! Lo and behold, my file was 'placed on hold for 14 days...'3 months ago!

• 1 month later...
it's a disgrace - you should just pay up and not put your child at risk. Don't know how you sleep at night.

Very well thank you, because I have my children safely under my roof with me, and THAT'S why I'm not paying them anything! They expect ME to pay money to an ex who has not contributed a penny to her children's keep for nearly 3 years?

I think not.

suggest you read the context of these posts before you open your mouth in future.

• Haha 1

Very well thank you, because I have my children safely under my roof with me, and THAT'S why I'm not paying them anything! They expect ME to pay money to an ex who has not contributed a penny to her children's keep for nearly 3 years?

I think not.

suggest you read the context of these posts before you open your mouth in future.

Well said :)

Just hate every DCA out there

• 1 year later...

Can anyone help me

i am trying to help my neigbours out as they are disabled people however they have just moved into the property next to me (were i live is a house thats been turned into flats) however they have just received a letter from iqor for the past resident and i have tried to contact them and have got no were, does anyone know were there main website is or how i can get the message across that if they dont *iss off sending letters to this couple they will be seeing the long arm of the law

thanks for your help and any ideas?

tried ringing them and get no were

Hi,

The couple should send the letters back, with 'not known at this address'.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I had the same problem with another DCA who wouldnt act so I Marked the received envelope as stated "not known at this address" but I then got a nice big envelope enclosed the letter along with two or three nice heavy newspapers put their address on it and posted it without a return address and without a stamp. They will have to pay at their end. Worked for me never got another letter from them.

I have the same problem with Iqor who are chasing me for an overpayment of jobseekers allowance from 2002-2003. The annoying thing is that if the debt is owed to the government or a governemnt agency you can't CCA them and the debt will never become statute barred.

My advice is to ask them to prove that you owe the debt and say that you want to see all evidence concerned. As far as I am aware (please correct me if I'm wrong) they are obligated to provide you with evidence.

If Iqor won't provide the evidence then don't pay it!

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously