Vodafone Default Removal

Syd83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya !!

Righty ho, I recently found the guide to getting defaults removed, and sent one off to Vodafone, and NatWest Credit Cards.

So in response to the 1st letter i sent off, I received this:

Dear XXXXXXX

Re: Billing Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXX

Thankyou for your letter regarding the entry to your credit file recorded by Vodafone.

I would advise that the Vodafone Limited airtime agreement is not a regulated product for the purposes of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Vodafone Limited is therefore not obliged to send you the documents requested. Furthermore, Vodafone Limited will not provide the documents that you are demanding nor are we bound by the timeframes that you have set out.

However, in light of the fact you appear to be concerned about a default placed on your credit reference record as a consequence of information provided to credit reference agencies, we have reviewed this matter and would advise that we consider this default in question to be warranted for the following reasons:

Account Number: XXXXXXXX

Started on: 30th April 2003

Terminated on: 23rd July 2003

This account was connected via Phones 4 U to Vodafone - Mobile 077XXXXXX

Vodafone acquired the operation of Singlepoint who were the parent company of Phones 4 U in early 2005. This involves administration of accounts active or otherwise.

There were various attempts to contact you regarding the outstanding debt, with the final letter being sent on the 23rd September 2003. A copy is enclosed. There was no payment forthcoming at this time and subsequntly a default reorded.

We will therefore not be asking for this default removed from your credit reference record.

should you have any further, specific queries please contact me directly at the above address above or call 01295 818 131

Yours sincrely

Nick Southam

Quality Assurance

Right............. here is a copy of that final letter that was sent to me

Dear customer

Account Number: XXXXXXXXXX Outstanding Balance: £164.20

We have not received a response to our previous letters asking for payment of the outstanding balance on your account, consequently your mobile phone service has been disconnected from the date of this letter.

To avoid further action you must pay the outstanding balance immediately. The line rental for the remainder of your contract will also be due. Please make your cheque payable to "Singlepoint Payment Services LTD" and write your mobile telephone account number on the back.

If we do not receive payment in full ommediately we will pass your account to an external debt collecetion agency who will take action to recover the money on our behalf. If your account remains unpaid, we are obliged to share this information with credit reference agencies. This may affect you ablility to gain credit in the future.

To prevent us from taking this action you must call us immediately on 0870 9000 700 quoting reference "XXX" and settle your account. Even if you think that the information we have is incorrect please call us so that your account can be put on hold to enable us to investigate any problem

Yours sincerely

[signature]

CUSTOMER SERVICES

So there we have it.....

No i think i will be sending a £10 cheque off and getting anything they have under the Data Protection Act, unless anyone knows any other method.

I am just checking my "Checkmyfile.com" which reports:

Accountholder status:Normal

Start date:30th April 2003

End Date:1st September 2003

Account type:Telecommunications supplier

Account status: Default

Last updated:1st September 2003

Current balance:£0

Payment start date:30th April 2003

Account start date:30th April 2003

Account end date:1st September 2003

Number of repayments:12

Repayment frequency:Monthly

Lump payment:£0

Default date:4th September 2003

Original default balance:£421

Term balance:£0

Default satisfied date:1st August 2003

I'm not sure what your asking - you've just gone the long way round to get to the same position. This sticky covers it:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/70464-mobile-phone-companies-consumer.html

Since Singlepoint were your service provider, Vodafone only have limited information on these old accounts (especially after 4 years). What is the thrust of your complaint? If it is removal of the default, if the debit was legitimate then that won't happen - but the good news is it'll disappear by 2009 anyway.

Well, as it wasn't a CCA process, they are certainly entitled to a snigger - it does weaken your case when making demands that are not appropriate. The rest of the letter was fairly factual, so not an issue!