Creditors, DCA's in Royal Mail pocket?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello member

How likely is it there is a bit of under-handed dealing going on between the Creditors, DCA's and the Royal Mail?

Very likely I would say;

Royal Mails terms and conditions state a signiture is obtained for recorded delivery items? WRONG. Unlikely you will get one if it goes to a DCA or a CREDITOR.

So you would think you could get your money back for not providing the service you paid for? WRONG AGAIN. Royal Mail not interested, excuse is Creditor/DCA's sign a bulk mail sheet for hundreds of items. How convenient for them and no proof for us.

You send letters to the DCA's to have a proof of delivery? WRONG AGAIN. If your lucky you might get a copy of the bulk mail sheet with your recorded mail ref on it, after weeks of argueing, if it does have a signiture on it it will be nothing more than a scribble, with no time or date, so still no proof who signed for it.

This seens to becoming common practice now with any mail that is going to financial institutions, dca's, courts and solicitors. It is time this sly practice was brought into the open. Royal Mail wouldn't deliver something recorded to you with no signiture, so how come these big guns get away with it, ££££'s? Who knows, but its not exactly unheard of for a bit of palm greasing to go on in business.

Not only are we, the customer being ripped off by paying for a service we don't receive, the more serious side of this practice is it could cost someone their home, car or life savings because proof they sent important documents is not available as it should be.

I have found Barclays, Barclaycard, Mercers and MBNA the worst for this trick, but this list is not exhaustive.

Maybe if we all get together with a mass complaint about this, someone will take it seriously. If its happend to you, please share with us all the details and outcome, good or bad.

I thank you for reading my manuscript.

Regards

Alf

I've had a few experiences with this lately:cool:

Having paid for Special Delivery or Recorded (signed for), and getting a vague response from Royal Mail's Track and Trace, like 'has left our delivery office...' - even after almost a week!:o How useful is that?

The postman could have posted it down the drain for all I know!:mad:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

You pay £4 odd for special delivery and they are supposed to guarantee delivery but for £1.04 first class post you are not guarantee delivery that is what I was told at the post office. Also today, I received a recorded deliver letter put through my door and I did not sign for it. So why do people pay this extra money to the post office when they clearly do not deliver

:shock:

I have just issued a bulk multi claim for 2 x special delivery and 46 recorded delivery that has not been received - the annoying thing is it has probably been delivered without obtaining a signature but because we need to know it is delivered you have to send them again - very annoying. They make the claiming process as long winded as possible to put you off from claiming but I am not paying £1.04 for a service for my mail to disappear.

This is how the service is advertised

If you have an important item to deliver, our Recorded Signed For™ service gives you complete peace of mind with proof of posting and an electronic copy of the signature available online.

• Proof of posting
  • Signature on delivery
  • Online confirmation of delivery
  • Up to £34 compensation
  • Prices from 70p plus normal postage

With Recorded Signed For™, you get next day delivery with most First Class items.

On the rare occasions that we don’t get a signature for any other reason, we'll refund your money.

We make sure we get a signature from whoever receives the item

How can they give refunds for no signiture if they, as they quote "make sure we get a signiture" What a load of contradictory rubbish

So the service we are getting is not what they advertise. I send a letter recorded to Barclaycard regional Office in Manchester 17/08/07.

It showed up on there trace and trace service as delivered from our STOCKTON OFFICE 28/08/07, 11 days, what a crap service.

What the hell is it doing in Stockton. Manchester is in the North West, not the North East, so who they have delivered it do I have no idea and of course no signiture available.

I don't know what is Royal about the Mail anymore, just a joke if you ask me.

Your comments are great, keep them coming. I sense a mass protest arrising out of this post.

I too have had problems with signed for delivery,keep checking with track and trace and getting the responce can only be tracked when it has been delivered that was about 3 weeks ago not sure whether to send again just to be sure.

Well - what an interesting thread;)

My poor old postie came to work today and I grilled him big style on the recorded/Spec Del thing as after becoming a CAGer, I always make sure I sign and put the time on recorded or Spec Del for stuff delivered to my work address.

After grilling - he said that normally if it's Spec Del, he makes sure that a time and sig is put on because obviously that's what you pay for as it's usually got to be delivered before 1pm - but if it's recorded - he usually gets people to sign for it and then puts the time on when he gets back to his depot;)

Now the reason I gave him grief is because that I think he should make sure that regardless of whether recorded or Spec Del, it should still have the time and sig on it and he said "yep, you're probably right" - so I sent him off with a flea in his ear advising that RM should train their posties correctly:D - well I was in a moody even though it was Friday lol

BTW he also said that if you do not get POD, you can claim your fee for Spec Del/Recorded back from RM!

However, just thinking back a few weeks ago, even if mail is bulk signed for, whether Spec Del or recorded, you can still get POD if you write to RM - I did and I got POD even though it was a bulk delivery job!

If you need the address let me know

Regards

Bo

doesn't sound good it was a CCA with a postal order.

have since stopped using postal orders and just use cheques instead.

I will try my local post office and see if they can help.

Thanks for the info.

No proof if they don't cash the cheques. Doesn't mean they didn't get the S.A.R or CCA request though.

No help if you send postal orders, you try getting proof they were cashed, NIGHTMARE

Hi Alf:)

When you send your PO - ask at the post office for the address to write to, to see if the PO was cashed - they should give you the address and you can write to see if it was cashed or not - I've done this before now and got a reply:D

Bo

BO,

you are correct,:) I did get a reply as to wether the postal order had been cashed. 8 Weeks later:mad: . Not rearly a suitable response time. 8 Weeks of argueing with a DCA.:Cry: Even then they never confimed who cashed it.

But these things are all send to try us further. :D

Just wondering if a case went to court and a DCA disputed receipt of letters why can't we use the same arguement the courts do when they send items out. they send court summons 1st class, not even recorded and treat it as being assumed as delivered. At least we would have proof of sending 1st class. Even a judge would find it hard to believe several letters which you can prove were posted had all not been rec.

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

I wonder if becuase its been delivered but not signed for therefore making it vanish in the system you could make a claim to royal mail saying its been lost in the post and get insurance back by telling them it contained valuable items.

If the DCA dont want you to know they recieved it then they will claim it was not recieved and therefore lost in the post.

Surley royal mails insurance should pay out ?? Not sure though.

On another note I was getting unsigned for letters but as soon as I started putting payment enclosed on the envolope I havent had one go unsigned since.

Seems to me they must sit the mailman down in an office and go through the mail saying ok we shall sign for these because they say payment enclosed and we wont sign for these because we think they will not be in our intrest. Heres a tenner, go get yourself a packet of backy and a pint, cya in the morning with another sack load.

I've had a few experiences with this lately:cool:

Having paid for Special Delivery or Recorded (signed for), and getting a vague response from Royal Mail's Track and Trace, like 'has left our delivery office...' - even after almost a week!:o How useful is that?

The postman could have posted it down the drain for all I know!:mad:

PS: Just in case the Men In Black are wondering if the letters I sent them weren't signed for, don't worry, you've all written acknowledging receipt! ;):D

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

delivered not signed for....deceiptful and fraudulent i would personally haul the P.O. into court for fraudulent deception..you pay for this extra service you expect it to be adhered to and if it is not happening what also springs to mind is the TNT SERVICE AND DHL COURIERS are all vying for this business i wonder if their legal department would like copies of all the complaints against the P.O that ll put the cat amongst the fat cat pigeons

just a thought

Hi people,

I`ve been reading these posts with great interest.

Myself and my girlfriend have also been sending out letters to Banks, DCA`s etc. All of them have been Recorded Delivery and I also sent my last one Special Delivery because I thought the Recorded Delivery was not being delivered.

I have posted no less than 7 letters and not a single one has been signed for, including the Special Delivery letter.

We telephoned Royal Mail to complain about this garbage service and as usual, you just get some muppet who says all I can do is appologise and we can send you out a compensation form to fill in. Wow! Thanks for your help you moron! Not!

When the form arrived, it was something like 4 pages long with loads of questions which I thought were designed to put you off complaining, rather than to help you, so in the end we just binned it.

What the hell is going on in this country? Are all the financial institutions, DCA`s, Royal Mail getting stuck into each other? Is there a nationwide conspiricy against the public in general?

Does anyone have a very snotty letter they`d wish to send to Royal Mail to complain? I`d put my name to it to kick up a stink.

It`s probably time to bring the good old Fax Machine back.

Regards

N.P.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

In the last few months I have had 3 letters/jiffy bags that were recorded delivery just posted through the door. In one of those was an item worth £15, now had I been that sort I could have ripped the internet firm off saying they had not been delivered, I didn't however, instead I honed them to say what had happened so they could complain.

After reading this thread I think from now on when I send a Rec Del letter I'll tell the post office person the letter has something of value in it £10 -£15 and get that marked on the receipt just in case :D

I am a firm believer that you need proof of postage as well as proof of delivery.

Recorded delivery costs 70p plus the postage and it gives me peace of mind that if a debt collector claims not to have received a letter I can produce the stamped slip (and receipt) the clerk handed me in the post office that I sent the scrotes a letter. I can also produce the proof the letter has been delivered from the RM website and if push comes to shove the RM should be able to provide a signature.

The courts, county and magistrates, don't bother with recorded delivery. I have heard it claimed in court that the letter was send out "first class post" and it is deemed to have been received two days later. End of story.

The scummy debt collecting solicitor who claimed not to have received a payment from me sent recorded delivery came unstuck when I showed him the proof and he was forced into a grovelling apology!

i dont bother paying extra, i just ask for proof of delivery, and this is accepted in court. its dated plus the post office write who the letter is going to,so i have proof it was sent.

after paying 1 or 10 pounds, why the hell should we pay more for delivery prices above a 1 st class stamp........