Wedding Ins Claim, Help Or I Will Have To Cancel Again!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Following the recent floods my wedding had to be cancelled due to my venue (marquee) being flooded. BEFORE i cancelled on the friday (my wedding was on the sat) i called my Insurance Company - Confetti.co.uk and asked if we were covered for this eventuality. I was told that there was no doubt that i was covered and to go ahead. Later My Fiance called again to make doubley sure, he was told my another claims handler that we were definately covered, he asked what we could claim for and was told anything we have receipts for to do with the wedding. He also asked how long claims normally take and was told usually they are turned around in 7 days. Over the following few weeks i went ahead and rebooked my new wedding (8th Sep).

Obviously the 8th is looming and we are now having problems with the claim. I have been told by Confetti that our claim has been passed to underwriters, i asked why and was told it was because there is doubt that my claim will be paid out.

I mentioned my previous conversations with themselves and told them i had been assured that i was covered before cancelling but their response was that it was out of their hands now and i would just have to wait to hear from the underwriters.

As u can imagine with a week to the new wedding suppliers want to be paid, we HAVENT got a penny left as the last wedding cleared us out at 25000!!!! we are now in the situ where if we dont hear from them that thet are paying out in the next day or so we will have to cancel again.

I have asked the insurance co for copies of all the conversations i have had with them as it proves they assured me it was covered. To this they said no not until the underwriters have made there decision, i explained it was my legal right to have a copy of the calls, when, at this point they agreed. I suspect they will simply delay giving me the copies until the underwriters have made their decisions, or, 'lose them'!!! Anyonehave any ideas or advice for me on what to do or where i stand?

Thanks Kerrie

NatWest (CLAIM 1) - £2181.24 SETTLED IN FULL

VIRGIN MBNA - £377 SETTLED IN FULL + INTEREST

NATWEST (CLAIM 2) - £1008.30 - SETTLED IN FULL

Not an expert but having a look at the terms and conditions of the insurance (Iassume its this one) http://image.confetti.co.uk/i/shopping/insurance/insurance_wedding_2006.pdf

Section 13 is titled - Optional Marquee Extension. And states;

This Section applies only where the appropriate Premium has

been paid.

Cover under this Section does not apply to Weddings taking place

outside the United Kingdom.

We will indemnify You up to the amount detailed in the summary in the

event of loss of or damage by any cause not specifically excluded

occurring during the period of hire (the period of hire not exceeding four

days unless agreed in writing by confetti.co.uk Wedding Insurance).

Cover under this section includes cancellation/curtailment and

rearrangement as a direct result of Loss of or damage to the Marquee.

Please tell me you paid for this!, as it seems to be the key point of your claim that the wedding was cancelled becasue the Marquee was flooded. The other part of the insurance does discuss adverse weather conditions but only provides cover if you cancelled because guests couldnt make it there because of adverse weather conditions, was this the case?

There also appears to be three levels of cover, did you take out the most expensive?

Hi, yeh i did take out marquee cover and i took out the most expensive cover - diamond. I have spoken to Confetti anonymously and said i have taken out cover with you, would i be covered if my venue was flooded as a result of say... the recent floods we had, and she said yes u will 100% be covered under the section of 'an unexpected event causing damage to the venue, therefore making the wedding unable to go ahead'.

Oh and yes, this was also the case, my village was an island. the access road to the marquee was a river waiste deep, and the rescue boats were there rescuing people from their floating cars!! I took pics of the flooded marquee, flooded lane,, rescue boats etc and sent them in with my claim as evidence!

Hi there, have you any way of recording a phone call. If so, why not simply repeat the last anonymous call but record it. Then call back under your real name and play the recording to the people you spoke to first time round and see what they say then.

You do not have to warn people that you are recording the call.

hth

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Fob off now rec'd to the prelim

Copy of fob off now rec'd as response to LBA!

Full repayment of all charges since 1997 now received.

Account Closed

Donation made :)

oh yeh thats a good idea, ill do that tomorrow, i have a stereo at home with a built in microphone so ill try it for sure!!! Thanks x

• 4 months later...

what happend?

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/