Residential parking a problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live in a road that has parking restrictions, I understand why they are there but its a bit harsh on residents.

I have a train station nearby and I believe that to prevent people parking in my road and tootling off to London to the day to go and work, they have put a single yellow line on both sides of the road. The restrictions in place are:

1) on the opposite side of the road to my house no parking is allowed between 10h00 and 10h30 and then on my side no parking allowed between 14h00 and 14h30. Works great in the way that commuters don't:confused: take up all the residential parking.

However, I work nights a lot and sleep during the day, so I sometimes get caught napping (literally) and don't wake up in time , or hear the alarm clock and I have had 2 tickets. The local council have refused to put in a residential permit system as the next road down enjoys.

The no parking sign outside my house is attached to a lamppost above head height. It only has "No Parking 1400-1430" printed on it. There is no red line border , no enforcement or issuing authority on it. I have heard that due to this parking tickets are not enforceable. Which is in fact a double edged sword if it they aren't. Be nice to know that I don't have to worry about juggling cars all the time.

:eek:

Hi ,

i would also look at the Traffic signs regulations and general directions 2002 which can be found here The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 this is hte bible for road markings, and your local authority should have marked teh parking bays in accordance with this document. if htey have not then it is a complete defence in law and you should be able to get the ticket overturned.for more info check this website Making a challenge

it belongs to richard bentley who is an expert in traffic signs and marking s and it hopefully should provide you with the info you need

Regards

Paul

Hi ,

i would also look at the Traffic signs regulations and general directions 2002 which can be found here The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 this is hte bible for road markings, and your local authority should have marked teh parking bays in accordance with this document. if htey have not then it is a complete defence in law and you should be able to get the ticket overturned.for more info check this website Making a challenge

it belongs to richard bentley who is an expert in traffic signs and marking s and it hopefully should provide you with the info you need

Regards

Paul

I very much doubt bays would be used on a SYL? :confused:

to avoid confusion...........

insert the words " and road markings" directly after the reference to parking bays:D

although the regulations which i refered to also covers yellow lines too

regards

paul